Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leazilee

Help with Decor for mantle.

leazilee
last year

Looking for suggestions to decorate my

mantle. Please see photos, corner fireplace in living room.

I would like to keep the family photo if possible.

Comments (13)

• jck910
    last year
    last modified: last year

I would hang the photo on the right wall and place something low on the mantle.

Etsy.com

• jck910
    last year

leazilee thanked jck910
  • leazilee
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you jck910, I never thought to hang the photo. I have had it centered for a year or longer.

• msjoan
    last year

I agree that hanging the photo will help a lot. Maybe add some vases or bottles in various sizes to the floral arrangement. Or candles, if you like.

leazilee thanked msjoan
  • acm
    last year

I think you have enough rectangles, with the TV, console, and fireplace, so that you need something else for the mantel -- maybe vases or a piece of driftwood...

leazilee thanked acm
  • leazilee
    Original Author
    last year

ACM, the console is actually a half oval but im sure that is impossible to see in the photo. I want to use the photo, I would consider hanging it on the wall. The mantle is deep into the corner, can you show me an example of what you woukd use?

• acm
    last year

leazilee thanked acm
  • MJD232
    last year

Can you either hang the photo on the wall to the right...or use a piece of paper cut to size to show where it will go and then take another picture? Seeing things in perspective will maybe help to guide the suggestions for the mantle decor. Thanks.

leazilee thanked MJD232
  • leazilee
    Original Author
    last year

MJD232 there happens to be a nail for me to hang the picture. it is lower than I would hang if moving permanenty but thought I would use for perspective. I assume this is the location suggested, just needs to be higher. I also taped a piece of fabric in the center of the wall space, not sure if this is what was meant by earlier post. Thoughts?

• MJD232
    last year

I worry that if you hang the photo in the mddle of the wall you will not be able to see it as well. Is the piece of fabric the same size as the photo? If yes can you try moving it over to the right so we can just see what it looks like higher than when the photo was hanging on the existing nail? Then just for fun put the smaller of your bigger plants from beside the TV on the mantle to visualize what a vignette of three would look like…fireplace, photo and object to be determined.…and send another picture. Thanks.

• Olychick
    last year

I would hang the photo to the left of the window on the right end of the sofa. It would be easily viewable there and then you could decorate the mantel with whatever you prefer.

leazilee thanked Olychick
  • leazilee
    Original Author
    last year

Olychick how would you decorate the mantle? Before I had the family photo framed I was stuck with what to use. thats why I had the photo framed, to use on the mantle. Its so deep, I feel like things get lost.