Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

A new take on abandoned cart emails

Funkyart
last year
last modified: last year

I am sure I am not the only one who gets a million abandoned cart emails -- I find them particularly annoying -- especially when they start coming in less than an hour since I was on the site-- as they rarely nudge me to return and purchase something I wouldn't have already returned to.

I just received an email taking a new approach-- Saks sent me my "Monthly Wrap Up" email. A quick summary of things I had viewed and considered. At this time of year when I am hitting many items on many sites in my whirlwind of shopping and treating myself, I don't always remember what I saw where. My list of viewed items scrolls pretty far down the email lol ... but I did appreciate it and I WILL make a few purchases thanks to the reminder.

In this time of unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe ... I appreciate a marketing ploy that actually benefits me rather than annoy me!

Do you appreciate any of the marketing emails or do they all annoy you?

Comments (15)

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

PS and unrelated to my thread/question ... the Juliska winter patterns are new to me and so lovely. I am a diehard vietri fan but I have to tell you when I first saw them a few days ago, I actually got teary -- so pretty and nostalgic! They totally remind me of my childhood.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

oh no

It's a sign.

I have been in love with the Juliska Country estate slate china for a few years (someone here has it I think). I want it so much but it makes.no.sense.

Funky we really were separated at birth. What colorway?

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

Same. I want it so much but it makes no sense.

My middle sister is starting her kids on holiday dishes ... she has many but none match so she's starting her kids with young families out right. There are a few sets with similar artwork. I think they could easily be mixed and matched.

I am committed to the Forestra Bianca trees for now .. maybe next year I will change my mind.

• DLM2000-GW
    last year

Funky the Vietri outlet store is about 3.5 hours from me - I never knew! I only like the cart reminders when they are accompanied by an incentive. Sometimes they are timely. I do like your cart contents.

Funkyart thanked DLM2000-GW
  • nicole___
    last year

I get the cart reminders and hate them....just more spam email!

Funkyart thanked nicole___
  • pricklypearcactus
    last year

I don't enjoy them, but as someone who works somewhat in e-commerce, I can tell you that marketing emails are a big deal for marketing people. And more presonaized emails (like abandoned cart) get some of the best conversion rates. But I totally agree that they are annoying and I think a monthly digest might be better.

Funkyart thanked pricklypearcactus
  • Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

Right, @pricklypearcactus I had a stint in e-commerce through part of my IT career. It is fascinating to me from a business perspective and I surely see the value-- but as a consumer, I find them SO annoying. Over the last week, I think I have heard from about any company I visited or even just thought about in the last 10 years! LOL. I guess it says something about me that I get more emails from stores/shops/service organizations than I get from actual friends!

@DLM2000-GW when I was looking to visit Asheville this fall (didn't happen due to work annoyances), I discovered there was an outlet in NC. I need to check the location-- my aunt/cousins are in NC as is SO's sister (and my youngest niece is trying to move there). Juliska is in SC.

I also love Juliska but a local shop carries Vietri so it's more front and center. I am more likely to buy something I can hold in my hands!

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

@mtnrdredux_gw ... ah and that is the question! Lidded or no ... and probably the reason I haven't bought one as yet! I feel like it *should be* lidded but I am not up on the thinking behind it. I have a folder with some saved ... what style/color is your friend's kitchen?

I am about to jump into an interview but I'll share some that I have saved later-- nothing earth shattering though lol!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

kk, thanks. Her kitchen is fairly neutral, (not a white and grey monstrosity) but I'd say her style is a lot like yours.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

::: tapping foot ::: 😂

• cawaps
    last year

The holiday marketing season in when I start unsubscribing from marketing emails. I can't handle the volume.

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

LOL! I had an interview that went long ... and then a Christmas idea came through unexpectedly and I had to jump on it!

Here are the ones I saved ... first two from the Big A$$ River

I like the simplicity of these and I hadn't thought of two .. but of course don't we all have multiple salts?? I like that it is covered and that the pretty salts will show through. It's the cheapest and one of my faves. Add pink salt and rosemary salt and wrap a bow around them and you have a lovely gift!

the big wide hole kind of bugs me .. like am i to stick my whole hand in there?? LOL

I don't think you can go wrong with le creuset .. my pieces are in this color (sea salt) but of course they have a billion colors. It isn't the sexiest of the options but since I have the pepper grinder and mini coquettes and large dutch oven in this color so it's likely the one I'll get. From Le Creuset.

A little more of a splurge (all of the above are pretty inexpensive)-- but isn't this beautiful? My sister was to have a kitchen remodel this fall and it's been put off ... I dare not give this to her because it may set off her ire over the delay! (She has a lot of pewter pieces). Carried all over -- from Match brand.

Not a salt cellar but love these dainty little salt pinch pots from The Lost Kitchen. Not sure how you'd use them really but I think she uses them with radishes .. I'd probably use for spring onions. Dunno lol but they are just precious ..

In fact, The Lost Kitchen has a number of cool gifts.

Not sure if this is too bold for your friend but I love that WS has been carrying a line inspired by William Morris .. there are only a few pieces to the line but they are lovely, no?

and finally.. since I made you wait! LOL.. this is the gift I picked up for my mom. Many years ago (20?), she bought each of us girls a Wilton Armetale platter in a limited edition run of flowers. She got them for us but didn't get one for herself! Soon after, the company sold and their designs and quality changed ... they still have sunflowers but mom doesn't like the new company or their products. I FINALLY found the sunflower (the piece I was given .. and the prettiest imo). It was on ebay-- not used but the box is a mess -- and better still, it's a set of two different sizes. Mom has a huge collection of Wilton Armetale but this was the one she wanted because it was the one she couldn't have. Until now.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Oh Funky she will love those. Very pretty.

My oh my you have done a thorough investigation of salt cellars. But now I am all distracted by the WS/Morris stuff and the LK site! Off to browse!

Sue needs to buy that bowl.

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

LOL.. I keep saying I am done shopping and then I get another idea or find another shop!

I am going to have to be done soon.. I have a pile of packages at my front door that I am avoiding because i am running out of places to put them!

PS I decided on the glass ones. I like that they are small (3 1/2") and covered. I think I sold myself when i talked about putting different salts in them. I have maldon, pink, herbs de provence salts.

Oops.. one more. This just makes me think of sunshine! I saw this on a number of gourmet sites and also big A.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County