Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Products you Love ... new, new to you or old faithfuls

Funkyart
last year

I have been loving a few new products lately that I thought I'd share.

Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme - my sister included a tube of this in my stocking. I have many tubes of lotion around the house but none work as well as this one! My hands (and wrists and elbows) are soooo soft.

Savannah Bee Company Heel Balm - my feet are almost as soft as my hands and I just love the light texture and the orange-spearmint scent. I want to use it all over .. and bathe in the scent!

As for an old faithful ... I am so loving my Le Creuset Dutch Oven. I have had it for 2 yr now but have been using it much more lately. I have a fairly large one (7 1/2 qt) and then variety of smaller staub pots. I used to swear by staub but I have grown to much prefer the Le Creuset. It is so easy to clean and the white interior makes it so much easier for me to see what I am cooking (the Staub pots have a dark interior)... and I have yet to burn anything in the Le Creuset!

What are your favorite products? New, new to you and old faithfuls?

Comments (53)

• rubyclaire
    last year

Ditto on the Le Creuset Dutch oven - total workhorse and worth every penny.

Also, have shared these before but they are favorites:

Funkyart thanked rubyclaire
  • deegw
    last year
    last modified: last year

Red lentil pasta. I wouldn't say LOVE but it's a good substitute for regular pasta. It has fewer carbs, is gluten-free, and has a lot more protein. I would not recommend the spaghetti as it was a gloppy mess. The rotini is good.

Funkyart thanked deegw
  • bpath
    last year

Old, but newish to me, is my mother’s Dansk Købenstyle dutch oven. It’s not that big, but perfect for us two. It makes hands-down the best rice, even DH can’t mess it up.

Old: Pond’s dry skin cream. I try other facial moisturizers, but every time I come back to Pond’s, morning and night, summer and winter.

New to me, Panda bathroom tissue. I’ve been a Cottonelle or Charmin gal, but DH who always buys the cheapest brand of anything, brought Panda Ultra Premium home. Hey, it’s not bad. and 4” squares! (they have an even cheaper style that is crap. gotta read the labels)

• Sueb20
    last year

I have loved this Chanel lipstick/gloss for years but found that most of the colors were too pink for me. It is the only lipstick that actually stays on for hours. Finally found the perfect color for my skin tone.

This was my previous favorite, which I still like and use.

But for a quick swipe of gloss, this is my fave. I bought multiples to keep in the house, my purse, and the car.

Funkyart thanked Sueb20
  • Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

@Sueb20 I used to like that chanel lipstick too but the colors were a little too coral for me. I was excited when you mentioned a new color hoping to find a better one for me.. alas, no.

I have been wearing Westman Atelier Squeaky Clean Lip Balm and really like it. I have been wearing Chou Chou (pink) or Nana (beige).. even my mom complimented the color (and she rarely compliments my makeup lol)

It doesn't stay all day but it is sooooo nice on the lips. You may like the Once Bitten color.

• Oakley
    last year

Ruby, this is the time of year I get the big guns out and keep them next to the bed. lol It's like Vaseline. I use it on my lips, hands, arms, and feet. And it does have a greasy feel unlike what the tube says, but that's okay because I wear socks when I'm treating the feet..

Funkyart thanked Oakley
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Here's a new(ish) fave. I like a bodywash with a citrusy scent, and this one is excellent. I found it at the grocery in Maine, in CT I buy it online.

Funkyart thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • beaglesdoitbetter
    last year

Linen sheets. I think I learned about them here. I checked the prices after a GW thread and thought "you've got to be kidding me, can't possibly be worth it"

Then I got a fantastic deal on some so I bought them and tried them out and now I don't want to sleep on anything else! I even custom-ordered some on Etsy in the RV-king size so I can have some in my new camper!

The ones I've slept on so far are Parachute but I am hopeful the Etsy ones will be as good or perhaps even better, the shop got amazing reviews. (I had to go the Etsy route due to the need for custom sizing)

Also, Eddie Bauer Sleep Sweaters. Also learned about them here and I LOVE THEM

Funkyart thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

Aveda Foot Relief. Best foot cream ever and I’ve used it for years. Funky, I really want to like their Hand Relief, but don’t like the scent. I wish they would make the Rosemary Mint in full size instead of the occasional sample size.

I also love my Food Saver vacuum sealer. So many things you can use vacuum seal, and not just food.

I have a large Lodge dutch oven and a smaller Le Creuset. I love both.

Funkyart thanked OutsidePlaying
  • ratherbesewing
    last year

Since we all seem to be moisturizing. I like Vanicream. Actually love the pump comtainer so you don’t have to screw the lid back on with product on your hands.

I also like the O’Keefe’s Healthy Feet, exfoliating cream. I

ut it on before bed with socks.

Funkyart thanked ratherbesewing
  • Specific ibex
    last year

I tried Kiehl’s soy milk & honey whipped Body Butter last fall and really like it. I’ve been using it ever since. It absorbs well and is powerful enough for deep winter in New England. Kiehls or Nordstrom often have it on significant discount.

Funkyart thanked Specific ibex
  • Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

@OutsidePlaying sister gave me a tube of the Aveda foot cream also-- I was already in love with the Savannah Bee Foot Balm so I haven't tried it yet.

I run hot and cold on Aveda scents, but I don't have any issues with the Hand Relief .. it's not one I love (like the savannah bee orange spearmint) but it doesn't bother me. I do love the rosemary mint shampoo (though I don't use it because it dries my hair out) but I strongly dislike the same scent in the body wash. I wish we had a salon closer so I could try out more of their products.

@mtnrdredux_gw I have had that body wash in my "save for later" shopping bag since you last mentioned it! I need to give it a try ... I love anything grapefruit.

• User
    last year

I'm a devotee of Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve Company's shampoo bars, my favorite being their Honey, Beer & Egg variety: "Beer and egg yolks create a mild, protein rich natural shampoo with loads of rich, creamy, bubbly lather, that adds shine, bounce and body to hair. Made with Great Lakes Beer as part of their sustainability efforts."

I couldn't use this stuff when I was coloring my hair (it just didn't mesh well with what was coating my strands, I suppose), but now that I'm all natural it works beautifully to clean and condition, and a 5.6 oz bar that runs $9.50 lasts practically forever.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

OMG, when I was i college I would put egg yolks and beer on my hair and leave it in a few hours to condition it. Yuck. It did work though.

• Sueb20
    last year

If you like coconut, the Native brand coconut body wash smells delish!

• User
    last year

Ha! The shampoo bars do not smell like eggs or beer, I should add.

• Eileen
    last year

If you have the right hair type and pH for your water, shampoo bars are excellent for cleaning and conditioning without adding additional conditioner.

• daisychain Zn3b
    last year

I love my Chanel Chance au tendre perfume. My workplace is scent-free so I don't get to wear it as often as I'd like, but every time I do wear it, I get a compliment. I found it while wandering through a department store make up area many years ago and has became not just my favourite, but only scent.

• texanjana
    last year

Deborah Lippmann cuticle cream

• nini804
    last year

I love Clinique Moisture Surge (the regular one that is like a pink gel, not the heavier one that is more of a cream.) This isn’t what I use for hardcore moisturizing at night after my retinol, but so perfect for a pick me up during the day. It feels so good and light on my face…it just gives a soft, dewy look and feel.

And sheets!! I am completely in love with both the flannel and percale Boll and Branch sheets. I was reluctant to try them bc I first heard of them on Sirius, and that seemed cheesy…😂 but then a friend who’s taste I respect raved about them. Wow….they are amazing! The percale is crisp and dreamy, and the flannel is sooooo soft. Smitten!

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

I am back to using a Filofax. Definitely better than electronic planers/calendars for me. Of course the electronic calendar still has to be maintained, but my planning and thinking is kept in the Filofax.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Still using Workflowy, thanks to KSWL.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

I love Chanel Chance eau Tendre too.

And I think I maybe the last person on the planet to discover magic erasers.

• daisychain Zn3b
    last year

My really good quality wide leather belt. I got mine on a ridiculous discount almost 20 years ago and I've just ordered a replacement. I wear belts with almost every (separates) outfit.

I am putting together a retirement capsule wardrobe (thinking I should start another thread on this) and am trying to identify and purchase those key, classic (and often expensive) elements that I know will be wardrobe staples while I still have a paycheck coming in.

I found this leather company that I am totally in love with. Right up my alley being a small, local-ish outfit with quality products. I've got an order in and if it meets expectations will likey order another.

https://braveleather.com/

• Sueb20
    last year

Anyone have a really great neck cream? I feel like mine (which appears to suddenly belong to someone much older than me) needs extra attention.

• deegw
    last year

Sue, I use the Gold Bond one. Not sure if it is the Holy Grail but it doesn't irritate my skin, it's light, it's inexpensive and I have noticed a difference.

I recently discovered this nail polish that has been around forever. I like it because it makes my nails look better but still natural. My nails are stronger and my cuticles are not as dry. The color is Rosy Quartz.

• smhinnb
    last year

After Aveda discontinued the hair oil I used for many many years (Light Elements Smoothing Fluid - probably my favorite Aveda product of all time), I bought a few bottles on Ebay and then started looking for a replacement. Since the fall I've been using three Lolavie products (Jennifer Aniston's line) and I've been very happy with them. I actually like the perfecting leave-in conditioner the best, and find I don't use the oil as much.

And my sister has me addicted to this stuff... used as a lip balm! Not what it's intended for, and it is great (but a bit greasy) for elbows, cuticles, etc., but it's also incredible for the lips. I can't even explain why I love it as much as I do, but I now have a tube everywhere.... one in my car, one beside the bed, one in my office, one in my purse. I don't love the smell but it doesn't last, and I barely notice it anymore.

• Feathers11
    last year

Dee, that's such a subtle, lovely color.

Sue, my skincare routine extends to my neck. I also do neck exercises--think abs but lifting with the neck instead--because when my neck and shoulders are strong, the skin on my neck is more taut. I learned this a while ago when my face and neck skin started heading south.

• OutsidePlaying
    last year

Sueb, this is what I use. I tried Nectifirm (expensive) many years ago and think this performs better. It still isnt cheap but I buy via subscription from Dermstore now so it saves a few dollars. And it is occasionally on sale.

• Sueb20
    last year

Thank you!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

It's on order snail mucus!

• pricklypearcactus
    last year

These are somewhat random, but these are some of my go-to products that I find myself purchasing over again.

Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara

This is the only mascara I've used for years. I use it every single day and it's the only makeup I wear 99% of the time. I have moderately long eyelashes and I usually exercise multiple times daily and any other mascara has me looking like a racoon. This stuff can even survive some swimming. The wand really does a great job of separating my lashes. I feel like this transforms me every single time I use it. I usually buy it from Nordstrom or Macy's.

https://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/2332/25277/makeup/eyes/mascara/no-smudge-mascara/ss13#/shade/Black

Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover

This makeup remover works beautifully on mascara. It's gentle and doesn't hurt my eyes or leave any redness. It takes off the above mascara beautifully.

https://www.paulaschoice.com/gentle-touch-makeup-remover/310.html

Banana Republic Riley Tailored Blouse

This is the perfect, flattering, professional blouse for me. It's perfectly tailored so that it's flattering to an hourglass figure without gapping in the chest or being boxy. The length works untucked or tucked. The sleeves work at the wrists or rolled up as pictured. The sizes are 0-20, plus additional tall and petite sizing. This works so much better than S/M/L sizing and really helps get a perfect fit. I recently dropped some weight and after trying on a ton of shapeless boxy shirts at the mall, I ordered a smaller size of this beauty online. They sometimes make sleeveless versions in the summer and they're great too.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=493538002

Funkyart thanked pricklypearcactus
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

This is a new yogurt I have tried. I love passionfruit, but no one in my family does. So a single serve indulgence like this is perfect, It is so, so good. Lemon and other flavors are good too.

This is a very odd segue, but especially this time of year, I love my Town and Country gas fireplace. I love the way it looks. I have a screen in front of mine so you don't see the glass, which IMHO makes it look even better IRL. I love the coziness, watching the flame, and no clean up or prep. I never liked the smell of a fpl, but I do miss the crackle of a real fire sometimes. That's what outdoor firepits are for IMHO. We never use or 3 other "real fpl" in this house, and this one thing I must have when we do our addition in Maine.

Not mine but very similar

• jill302
    last year

The best foundation ever. It was out-of—stock for the longest time. It seemed as if it had returned a few months ago, but my order was cancelled. Last week it was listed as back in stock, I ordered it again and it arrived.

Tried a couple of other highly recommended foundations when this was unavailable, they were not bad but nothing makes my skin and pores look as good as this one.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I used that for years, and you are right it is great ... but now I prefer something lighter. I only use the Teint Velvet for special occasion evenings.

• ilikefriday
    last year

Ellenos yogurt is my weakness. I absolutely love it. I have not tried passionfruit but I will next time.

• jill302
    last year

@mtnrdredux_gw - What is you favorite lighter foundation?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Laura Mercier
    Tinted Moisturizer

I put it on with a slightly damp sponge and I try to use just enough to cover.

https://www.sephora.com/product/tinted-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-P109936?skuId=2250587&keyword=2250587

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

Jill, I am SO glad you were able to get it! I have been avoiding the chanel emails because I really don't need anything and I will be tempted by the new colors/products.

I find the Chanel Teinte Velvet to be very light-- that's one of the things I love about it. I don't feel it at all. It is MUCH lighter than all the other Chanel foundations (sorry, I know you hate the word Mtn-- but to me it is a very different product than a primer or tinted moisturizers) Teinte Naturale (an oldie) and Ultra Le Teinte Allday Flawless.

I have used the LM tinted moisturizer and I will again in the summer -- but it doesn't provide same service (lol). I am thinking those of you who use it daily have much nicer skin than I do. It doesn't have the "blurring" effect or cover pores, blotchy skin etc. I need more than a sheer glow. ... or maybe I need OTHER products to improve my skin :(

Not a new concept but a convenience ... wegman's has started selling parmesan rind in larger containers. I can buy 5-6 pieces at a time. I am loving it. It used to be I'd add one to my soup if I had one (rare) .. now I always have one on hand. This and the Aneto chicken broth have totally upped my soup game!

• Irish2
    last year

Blissy Silk Pillowcase (soft & cool ❤️)

Funkyart thanked Irish2
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I love this juice. I generally don't buy juice because I know it is so much better for you to eat the whole fruit, but oh well, and at least it comes in a small container. I don't think this is how it was intended, given the name, but I especially like to mix it with Prosecco!

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

Oh that's a nice mix of juices .. I don't usually buy juice either but if I do drink it, I cut it with water and ice. I also use OJ in my favorite mojo marinade.

Looks like a number of my local stores carry it -- but none have it in stock.

Thanks, Mtn .. I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Sueb20
    last year

We bought some of that juice when we had Covid! I mostly used it in smoothies. And here I am, healthy again, so it worked. Ha!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Yeah great marketing

ETA - I will be using both the Aneto chicken stock and parm rinds. Making this today:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019925-italian-wedding-soup-with-turkey-meatballs?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

Yum Mtn .. Italian Wedding soup is one of my favorites. I have all the ingredients to make it but I didn't get to it yet. Maybe today.

I use chicken meatballs but otherwise a very similar recipe. I never used dill.. but I do add basil and oregano.

Mine from a few years ago wasn't nearly as photogenic as the NYT's version lol.. but still very good .. and very filling.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

OOh nice! I have dill left over from my Beet Tzatziki recipe and so I decided to use it in soup! Buying fresh herbs and just using a T drives me crazy!

• Funkyart
    Original Author
    last year

I am sure it will be wonderful ... I should use more dill. It's not an herb I reach for often.

Enjoy!

• Tina Marie
    last year

Folgers French Vanilla Cappuccino mix. I don't really get a sense of french vanilla (which would not be my first choice flavor), but it is soo creamy and good! I normally don't do caffeine, but for this I do. I love it!

• Sueb20
    last year

I have been eating this oatmeal all winter so far. It’s got all kinds of good stuff in it, and no bad stuff. I usually add some extra chia seeds, some chopped walnuts, and blueberries if we have them. There is also a recipe on the bag for a ”mug muffin” that I tried the other day, and it was great!

• Lars
    last year

I'm going to have to check out some of the products for dry skin, but I have been using a Microplane Colassal Foot Filer for a while now, and have two of them - one at each location. I need it more in the desert, as my heels get drier there, and I try to remember to use it right after the pool. Before I had these, I had been using a Microplane zester (which I had bought specifically for feet and kept in the bathroom), but the foot filer works in two directions and is therefore much more efficient.

I more recently bought some Folex Instand Carpet Spot Remover, based on recommendations here, and I was truly amazed at how well it worked. I've had a spot in the carpet in my bedroom that I could not get rid of no matter what I used, but Folex did the trick.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida