Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tominbmore

Question re whether I can wall mount a Kohler Memoirs pedestal sink

Tom Morris
last year

Hey folks, we are going to reno our small full bathroom in a month. We found a sink we like (Kohler, model no. K-2239-8-0), with classic features. But it comes on either pedestal base or console base. And there is a suggestion in the installation manual and other places that it is meant to be on a base. (One website says, “The sink you have selected has a coordinating pedestal or stand that is recommended by the manufacturer.”) However, we note that the sink also is intended to be secured to the wall, even with the base, which I know is standard for modern pedestal and console sinks.

So our question is whether we can just not buy any base, and just wall-mount this sink. This is about space saving. A console won’t work because there’s a radiator on the right side. (We are keeping the radiator.) And we would very much prefer to gain the space under the sink for storage of some kind, rather than have it be used by a pedestal.

Anyone know whether we dan wall mount a pedestal sink? Is this something you have done, or which you know contractors can do/regularly do? The sink really isn’t that heavy. Just 24” width. And I know the standard mounting hardware for wall mounts is designed to hold a good amount of weight and pressure. If there are feasible ways for a contractor to secure the sink to the wall, despite the fact that the mnfr recommends we use a base to support, we would love to know.

thanks!

Comments (22)