Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

Trying to think of a cracker or chip

foodonastump
3 months ago

Random question of the day: As the title suggests, I’m trying to think of s particular item that may be considered a chip, but I’m pretty sure it’s a cracker. Description:

- Roundish, not uniform. So they’d be loose in a bag, I think within a box like Wheat Thins, but if they’re a chip then I guess no box.

- Not sure of the diameter, but I’m thinking smallish.

- Very thin, very crisp, but not too fragile.

- The standout feature: they’re glossy smooth. actually have a shine to them.

- Possibly Asian? I could be totally off base here.

Any idea what I’m talking about?

Comments (33)

• User
    3 months ago

Rice crackers

• roxanna
    3 months ago

Trader Joe's rice crackers in the bag are very nice, and on the small side...

• beesneeds
    3 months ago

My guess would be rice crackers too. I've had a couple kinds, I find them tasty and crispy.

• Judi
    3 months ago

I was going to say TJ's too.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 months ago

The glossy description means rice cracker to me as well.

These are what we've bought in the past - there are different flavors...

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Looks like I got an answer— thanks guys!!!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

I'm addicted to rice crackers. They and Häagen-Dazs rum raisin ice cream, are the only two I cannot eat in a reasonable fashion. Absolutely have to eat the entire container all at one time.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    3 months ago

We love the KA ME Rice Crackers that Carolb posted. They make some with wasabi that are so delicious with smoked fish dips (we catch and smoke bluefish).

• Olychick
    3 months ago

Made me think of pretzel chips, eap the irregular shape and the gloss.But they are usuallu larger than most rice crackers.

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Definitely rice crackers. Though pretzel chips are another favorite!

• plllog
    3 months ago

Just curious: Were the ones in the bag the exact ones you were thinking of?

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I can’t say for sure. My memory is playing tricks on me as I remembered them slightly more irregular and more orange in color. But there’s no doubt in my mind now that ”rice cracker” is what I was thinking of. I’m now also pretty sure I had them last at my sister’s house. I’ll ask her, but she just left to sail the Caribbean so that’ll have to wait.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    3 months ago

"...but she just left to sail the Caribbean..." I'm doing something wrong!!

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Yeah, it’s enviable. We sailed as kids, since early retirement she got back into it full steam. Club races, bought her own boat… Was introduced to a woman who recently packed her life up to sail for a few years. She calls up two friends at a time to crew a leg for a couple weeks. Last year was my sister’s first time, I guess she proved herself and was invited back. I’m not jealous at all!

• dedtired
    3 months ago

Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins?

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I saw those, too, when I searched for rice crackers. Kinda doubt it but I’ll look closer when at the store.

• wildchild2x2
    3 months ago

Could it be these?

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I’ve definitely bought those and am wondering if I’m mixing up the irregilarly snd color with them. But I’m sure what I was asking about is the rice crackers.

• foodonastump
    Original Author
    3 months ago

So maybe it’s not all in my mind!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 months ago

Are you positive about the shape?

Because Ka-Me are very uniform in shape, and they do make barbecue and chili flavors.

Perhaps what you had were an imported brand - there are so many types of rice crackers.

Nut Thins look very uniform as well. And I don't think they're glossy.

• petalique
    3 months ago

I love thse rice crackers. There is a sort of quasi ’trail mix’ that has little rice cracker bits with something like tamari on them. Addictive. I’d forgotten all about them.

seagrass — where and how do you catch bluefish? I have the reel and rod, but where do I go when the weather warms up? The CC canal? from the ocean side of the cape, on the beach?

As a kid, I used to fish and catch tinker mackerel. So delicious. Bluefish, like mackerel has those good for yo fish oils in it. I have a smoker and would love to try smoking some.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 months ago

I recall buying bluefish when I lived in NYC - hadn't thought about that in many years 🙂

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    3 months ago

I picked these up at Costco before the holidays. Might be a new item. (i let my membership go a couple years ago and just signed back up). I've been making a variety of hummus and various dips and these were perfect but most of my houseguests liked the vegetable 'chips'.

Similar to the rice crackers posted above.

• moosemac
    3 months ago

Nut thins pecan or almond.

• Judi
    3 months ago

Tried those pecan nut-thins. Didn't care for 'em.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 months ago

Wondering if they might've been pita crackers?

Trader Joe's has a number of crackers that might be described like the OP.

These are rice:

These are wheat:

And I'm curious; what prompted the question in the first place?

• Judi
    3 months ago

Love those naan crackers with Unexpected Cheddar spread or a local cheese mix I get at the farmers market.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 months ago

I really like those naan crackers too - I often eat them plain 🙂

• Adella Bedella
    3 months ago

Snack Factory pretzal chips

• bbstx
    3 months ago

Another vote for Nut Thins.

• Nai Q
    3 months ago

Ritz CRISP & THINGS!

• Nai Q
    3 months ago

They come in a bunchha different flavors. You just pop em in your mouth and they have the perfect crunchy bite to them! Not tooo hard. Not too soft just perfect!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz