Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hcgillis26

Lacanche 18BTU vs 4 feux

Holly Gillis
3 months ago

I have a Sully ordered and was immensely hoping that the middle full induction configuration would be fully approved by UL by the time my machine went into production. That does not look like it’s going to be the case.

Currently I have ordered the 4 fire center (two 11btu, one 15 btu and one 5 btu), and two 2 burner induction hobs on both side. Am I making a mistake not having either the 18BTU or the plancha?

Re: 18BTU, We don’t eat a lot of meat (mostly pescatarian) and I’ve owned a wok for 15 years and never used it. However, I make soup nearly weekly for my lunch for work. I use my large Le Creuset enameled pots for big stews and casseroles. If we have guests, I will include meat in the menu occasionally.

Re: plancha, We make veggie burgers, pancakes and French toast every week without fail. I make ahi tuna bowls frequently. I currently have the griddle attachment ordered. I am worried about cleaning the built in unit and versatility.

I really appreciate feedback. And if anyone knows anyone at UL, please light an 18BTU burner there and get the induction approved.

Comments (3)