Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annpat_gw

It's so awkward to bring this up, apropos of nothing,

annpat
last month

but it was 56 years ago tonight that Jimi Hendrix and I were touching each other in a small hallway.

Comments (16)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last month

And you said, ”Excuse me, while I just pass by”?

tj

• darth_veeder
    last month

I thought it was

"Hey Ann , where you going with those greens in your hand?"

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last month

Not to trump annpat's Hendrix experience but my best friend in college went to high school with Jimi........

• klem1
    last month
    last modified: last month

It was most likely;

"Good god almighty Ann
    Let me move you
    Good girl let me move you
    Ow let me move you
    Great gosh almighty Ann
    I just want to move you
    If I don't live another day
    I just want to move you little girl "

• annpat
    Original Author
    last month

That's closer, Klem. There were five of us in that little room, and at least one of us thought he whispered "Foxy Lady" as he ran his arm under my hand.

• klem1
    last month

Heart be still !

• annpat
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

I swear I hardly ever just bring Jimi's and my intimate exchange fifty-six years ago when I was 15 up out of the total blue to perfect strangers unless it really seems like they'd like to hear about it. Like that woman and son in line at Dick's Sporting Goods last year. I overheard her say something about a concert, so naturally I said, "I touched Jimi Hendrix."

Seriously, though, I could sense everybody was getting a little bored here---talking about soil ions and pH and wood fines. I thought we needed a little diversion. It gets tedious here sometimes with all the soil, compost and mulch talk.

• annpat
    Original Author
    last month

WHAT!!? GardenGal! I missed that! I'm sure glad I didn't know her! I'd have nothing to talk about with strangers when I'm bored.

• annpat
    Original Author
    29 days ago

Where are you all going for the eclipse?

Klem?

I'm driving two hours to Houlton, Maine near the Canadian border where I have rented space to pitch a tent on frozen ground in a farmer's field.

And to get back on topic, I'm worried how my compost will respond to the eclipse in my absence.

• klem1
    29 days ago

I'll be on my patio (or atop the compost heap if need be for a better view). All our hotel rooms and tent spots are booked up. TXDOT isn't issuing oversize load permits 12 hours before nor 12 hours following eclipse and has been erecting signs along freeways forbidding parking on shoulder to take pictures.

I expect eclipse will have similar effect on compost as Y2K did.

• annpat
    Original Author
    23 days ago

Snort!!

• klem1
    23 days ago
    last modified: 23 days ago

Present company excepted of course. Or should I say the jury is still out? (^_^)

• old_dirt 6a
    23 days ago

My DW still tells the story of how she touched the shoe of some country singer star at a concert.

• annpat
    Original Author
    23 days ago

That 's going to make me laugh for a while.

• annpat
    Original Author
    7 days ago

For those of you who have never seen a Maine blueberry field in the fall, here's one about two minutes from here on my road. Adult plants are about 10 inches tall.