Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_218442106

what color cabinets

Sheri Myricks
last month

Remodeling my master bathroom. Can’t decide what color cabinets to go with?

Comments (4)

• wdccruise
    last month

Holy smokes!

• Kendrah
    last month

Walnut. It will look handsome and sophisticated.

• dani_m08
    last month
    last modified: last month

If you want to do wood - rift sawn white oak - or wanut. I like walnut when it’s new - it turns lighter as it ages. I assume that some type of stain or toning could be used to change prevent that from happening. I have been told that a simple clear finish will not stop walnut cabinets from lightening. You need the cut of the wood to be as plain as possible (“plain” = not a bunch of grain patterns - your tile already has enough movement - not to be confused with ”plain sawn” wood - bc that will = a busy pattern).

what color are you using on walls?

Just an observation - I would ask my tile installer why he used the two of the same exact pattern tile right next to each other on the most visible part of you shower (the two pieces on the front by the ceiling). I realize that they are flipped - however, it would have been better to use two different pieces - that had the veining continue (flow) from one piece to the next.

He also used the same exact tile stacked on top of the tile on the bottom left corner of back shower wall - and didn’t even flip them to try to make them look different (= more like natural marble vs. faux marble). Seems like there are more than enough different patterns that he could have easily avoided this (especially when using 24x48 tiles.

Maybe it doesn’t bother you - I notice some things that others might not. Repeating patterns on faux marble tiles are one of the things I always notice - maybe because I love genuine marble so much (used Italian Carrara in my master bathroom renovation).

You need to make sure that the vanity/countertop/wall paint/light fixtures/other accessories are toned down - your tile should be the ONLY star in this bathroom - it doesn’t need anything else competing with it.

Make sure you post a photo when you’re finished - would love to see how it turns out!

Also - be careful re: slippery floors - maybe that’s not an issue - but it seems like it would be with the floor tile.

• eld6161
    last month
    last modified: last month

Dani, at this point, the tiles can’t be changed. You know this. What good comes out of pointing this out now? Sorry but it’s mean spirited

I do agree about polished floor tiles. Many people do them but it is best to be cautious. I’m sure you will have rugs in the key areas.

Sheri, I agree with those who say a wood tone vanity. Not too dark.

It’s a great space! Let us know what you decide.