Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Your Chuckle for Today: Things You Can Buy for 99 Cents!

Kswl
last month
last modified: last month

DH sent this to me, it’s a clip from Jay Leno’s Tonight Show from 2006 and possibly one of the funniest things i have ever seen. Enjoy!

Comments (21)

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    last month

Pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

Kswl thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    last month

It never hurts to start my day with laughter. 99 cent store was ringing bells, I'm sure I've been in one but its been decades. Looking at their facebook page indicates they are now 99 cents Plus so not quite the bargain it once was. It also took me back to when television programming was predictable and reliable, we knew what was going to be on - and when. I did like Leno's humor 😊which was very different from Cavett's dry wit (so now, have I really dated myself).

Kswl thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    last month

LOL!

Kswl thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • nicole___
    last month

Loved it!

Kswl thanked nicole___
  • teeda
    last month

That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

Kswl thanked teeda
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month

Me too, Oakley!

• Irish2
    last month

I’ll also take a colossal remote!

Thank you for sharing @Kswl .

Kswl thanked Irish2
  • dedtired
    last month

The stuffed clown. Hilarious. Thanks!

Kswl thanked dedtired
  • Olychick
    last month

So funny! With inflation, all those things would now be found at tha dollar store!

Kswl thanked Olychick
  • Feathers11
    last month

I can't believe that was 18 years ago! Time sure does fly. Thanks for sharing, Kswl! (An ear pick with a compass?)

Kswl thanked Feathers11
  • bpath
    last month

Those are a hoot! Always laughed at the translations on packages, but the Snoopy one is poetry on its own!

Kswl thanked bpath
  • Lars
    last month

I got sucked into watching more than one.

I always loved his "Headlines" but don't remember seeing his 99¢ episodes. I used to take clippings from The Argonaut newspaper from Marina Del Rey/Venice/Westchester and send them to a friend of mine, but I could have sent them to Jay Leno.

Kswl thanked Lars
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    last month
    last modified: last month

Feathers, the ear pick (complete with handy compass) had me laughing to tears!

• lascatx
    last month

Lots of laughs there. Thanks for sharing. Our 99 cent store closed a couple years or more ago and the dollar store is now closed too.

Kswl thanked lascatx
  • blubird
    28 days ago

Oakley, we still have our Colossal remote.

Kswl thanked blubird
  • schoolhouse_gwagain
    28 days ago

OT, but I also remember other bits he'd do. Like the one where he'd share funny ads in newspapers.

One time I saw an ad in a local trade magazine that read: "Help needed for barn building company. To erect on site". I thought that was so funny and saved it thinking I'd send it to Leno, but I chickened out.

Kswl thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • OutsidePlaying
    27 days ago

Love, love it! DH and I both enjoyed his show and laughed till we cried over this. I always enjoyed his street interviews with the simple questions he would ask and the dumb responses people would have.

Kswl thanked OutsidePlaying
  • bbstx
    27 days ago

I saw a newspaper ad that said ”Pair of breeding Quakers. $375.” I wondered how much a pair of Presbyterians would go for.

Kswl thanked bbstx
  • Kswl
    Original Author
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

Around here they are scarce so they’d fetch a good price, certainly higher than Baptists, which are abundant!

• bbstx
    27 days ago

😂

Kswl thanked bbstx