Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Did any of our East coast friends feel the earthquake?

deegw
25 days ago

4.7 is a good jolt!

4.7 earthquake rattles New York City, surrounding area

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/earthquake-new-york-new-jersey/

Comments (32)

• gail618
    25 days ago

Yes I felt it in NYC -- at first I thought my upstairs neighbor was dragging something very heavy across his floor. It was crazy! My sister in Mass felt it as well.

• Bookwoman
    25 days ago

Yes indeed, although lightly. Son in Brooklyn felt it quite strongly.

• HU-787167202
    25 days ago

Is New Jersey quake safe as far as construction of buildings? No damage on news as of yet.

• rubyclaire
    25 days ago

My DD in Upper West Side NYC felt it and said it was VERY disorienting!

• Kitchenwitch111
    25 days ago

I felt it in central NJ. Loud noise and shaking -- like a plane or train on my roof and it went on for about 30 seconds. This does not happen here very often!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    25 days ago

I felt it. I assumed someone was doing construction somewhere. So odd

• dedtired
    25 days ago

Yes! Outside Philadelphia. I thought a huge helicopter was hovering over my house. Everything shook and rattled. An unusual event. I remember two smaller ones in the past. The local news stations are having a field day.

• maire_cate
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

Kitchenwitch was probably the closest to the center and her description matched my DD's in Phllly. She said her building shook for 20-30 seconds. She works in an old Church that was renovated into offices and they were worried about the stained glass windows and thankfully nothing was damaged.

We're in upstate PA at the moment, about 60 miles from the epicenter but didn't feel anything.

• Irish2
    25 days ago

I felt it in RI! My chair shook from side to side while I was reading this forum.

• hhireno
    25 days ago

I’m in Bethlehem, Pa (next to Allentown on the map in that link) and I felt it.

• jsk
    25 days ago

(copied from other thread)

Epicenter about 20 miles from my house. I thought my house was going to collapse. Reminder to self - do not move to California!

All my neighbors came running out of their house. Quite the scene.

My daughter felt it in her classroom in Philadelphia. Kids freaked out.

Coworker in Western Mass felt it also.

In laws in NYC thought a truck hit their high rise building.

My first thought was truck going by, glanced out window from my desk and no truck and it kept increasing. I yelled out a "what the f..." We don't get earthquakes this strong in NJ! Worst I ever experienced.

• roarah
    25 days ago

I felt a smaller tremble yesterday and the one today was enough to knock picture off the wall.

• Funkyart
    25 days ago

I am in south central PA .. about 2 hr from central NJ and Phila.

I didn't feel it here-- but my tech lead in NJ did .. she said she thought her roof had collapsed or a tree fell on her house.

Hope there was no damage.

• roarah
    25 days ago

Not all of Ct was in the quake’s radius. My mom in Madison did not feel it either.

• njmomma
    25 days ago

I was driving and did not feel it at all, but my cell phone began to quake with all the calls coming in to check on me. Then I was concerned about an aftershock. I drove home. Errands will get done tomorrow.

• DLM2000-GW
    25 days ago
    last modified: 25 days ago

We rebuilt after the quake we had in NC a while back. Let me know if anyone needs advice on where to start ;-)

Glad everyone is ok

• jsk
    25 days ago

OMG ^^ The idiocy never stops shocking me.

• DLM2000-GW
    25 days ago

Can anyone really be that ignorant?

• Lars
    25 days ago

MTG forgot to mention tornadoes.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    25 days ago

Sorry i could not resist

• deegw
    Original Author
    25 days ago

My brother lives right in ECLIPSE!!! central and we were just texting about how the eclipse and the earthquake and the ship crashing into the bridge are ginning up the crazies.

• deegw
    Original Author
    25 days ago

Also, adios thread, it's been fun! : )

• Olychick
    25 days ago

Swarms of idiots?

• teeda
    25 days ago

I'm in CT, but didn't feel it. However we had guys on the roof rebuilding the chimney so I would have attributed anything unusual to that. My mom, who lives an hour north of me did remember feeling something once I asked.

• Fun2BHere
    25 days ago

Since I know the thread will get pulled, I thought this would be the perfect time to share this.

• ninasmom
    25 days ago

Lots of rattling here- I thoght someone was putting the garage door up!

Kids felt it at work in Guilford CT too.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    25 days ago

Have at it, Fun!

• dedtired
    25 days ago

Mtn, omg. The end times are upon us.

• njmomma
    25 days ago

Just felt the aftershock.

• njmomma
    25 days ago

Did anyone else feel it?