Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeown

homeown
12 years ago
what type of wood/stain are these floors?
Woodvalley Residence · More Info

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Gaile Guevara
    12 years ago
    The floor is a wide plank quarter sawn white oak floor, with a 2 pass stain in gray then white. It was inspired by drift wood.
  • Cathy
    12 years ago
    I agree with the person above, I love this floor. Can you send me the exact stains and measurements? Is there a light gray stain similar to this you like for red oak floors?
  • andrewj220
    11 years ago
    Hello. Are these long plank White Oak over 7 feet or standard length under 7'? It is difficult to determine in the picture. Fantastic eye:)
  • andrewj220
    11 years ago
    I forgot to ask the actual plank width. Merci!
  • hhyndman
    11 years ago
    I too, would love more details on the staining process used here. Am about to do our floors and this is exactly what I had envisioned. Thank you.
  • PRO
    Johker Design
    11 years ago
    So well done!
  • goottsaxon
    11 years ago
    please give specific instructions that we can give our builder. this is a perfect floor! thanks so much!!
  • Jorgie Nelson
    11 years ago
    I found Rubio Monocoat Fumed and did my Quarter Sewn white oak and they came out close...not exact but I loVE them...I also bought from them their 5% white top coat and sure enough my floors look exactly like driftwood. GOOD LUCK.
  • hhyndman
    11 years ago
    I am close to getting my floors done and have decided on quarter sawn white as well. Have also decided on Rubio...but haven't selected a 'color' yet. Thanks for your info, Jorgie. Any chance you could send pics?
  • astridjones99
    11 years ago
    Hello, As some of the others I would also love to aquire the formula of grey and white for the hardwood floors. thank you
  • PRO
    Eco Options Hardwood
    11 years ago
    My company has done a few like this. We used Rubio Monocoat pre-white. And then white oil.
    Very washed out driftwood looking. The planks are great for this treatment. But we have sanded regular 2- 1/4" boards and made them look like this as well. Most people dont know that it is possible to site finish floors and have them with this look!
  • PRO
    Eco Options Hardwood
    11 years ago
    For Rubio samples you guys can check out my Flickr site. I have hundreds of sample photos.
    Www.flickr.com/ecooptions
  • designideas4me
    11 years ago
    How much per sq. ft. is this flooring? Is it glued down? How do I find a local dealer? Thank you
  • PRO
    Eco Options Hardwood
    11 years ago
    We can Install this wood and finish it with Rubio Monocoat. That is what this floor looks like.
    See
    www.flickr.com/ecooptions
  • PRO
    Eco Options Hardwood
    11 years ago
    If your looking for this in pre-finished check out
    http://stang-lund.com/
    or
    Carlisle wide plank
    or
    any other pre-fin that uses Rubio Monocoat.
    The floor above looks to be Site sanded and finished though.
  • rheinhardt
    9 years ago
    How does Rubio hold up with staining and wear in heavier traffic areas?
  • carole tidwell
    5 years ago

I am about to redo my hardwood floors and I love the look. I am also looking at Rubio Monocoat. Can you send me the details on the staining process?