Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jam926

A few questions....

jam926
10 years ago
I love this kitchen! Could you please tell me 1) the granite name, 2) refrigerator and 3) cabinet color? How do you like the look of this panel ready frig vs. a built-in? Thank you!
Tailored French Country · More Info

Comments (10)

• Lisa Hamilton
    10 years ago
    I don't understand this extended counter with a cabinet underneath that you can't easily access. Do you?
  • Lisa Hamilton
    10 years ago
    Cabinet color looks like biscuit. Can't find that again (I got in 2005) but you could get custom cabs painted. I too love this granite. Could it be quartz?
  • PRO
    Anna C. Fisher - Pinnacle Sales
    10 years ago
    Thank you! The counters were Cambria Nottingham (a quartz material), the refrigerator was a counter depth Jenn-Air French door free-standing panel-ready refrigerator (similar to model JFC2290VEM today), and the cabinets were Brookhaven Pelham Manor Raised in Lace with a Charcoal glazed finish on maple. The Lace paint is an off-white, almost a very light taupe color. The charcoal glaze makes the cabinets almost become a very soft warm grey color.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Just to note, the kitchen is a narrow galley style kitchen. They didn't have room for a table or bar seating, which is why we extended the counter out as a small table area for times when they have friends over for coffee. The L also really increased their counter space and prep area. I wouldn't recommend this set up for everyone though!
  • jam926
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you Anna and Beetajane for your responses! Anna, do you frequently choose the panel ready frigs for customers? This one looks great, but I've seen some that didn't turn out as well. I am debating using the KitchenAid version vs. a stainless steel French door vs. a built-in with panels (not crazy about the $$ though! :) ) I'm using ORB hardware/faucets, cream cabinets, panel DW, SS micro/oven/stove...was hoping to not use SS for the frig, since like Beetajane, it is in direct view from the family room (and my house is decorated in the gold/bronze tones). Thank you for your input!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    You're right that some look a lot better than others... I would advise that air spaces and clearances be kept to their minimums and that the side panels (refrigerator enclosure) be brought out to the maximum depth that will allow the doors to open fully. Otherwise, it's a matter of looking at the amount of metal trim that is around each door and drawer - the thinner it is, the better it looks. I do a lot of panels on built-in and integrated models, but rarely do them on these panel ready free-standing units because I agree that often the free-standing models don't look great. In your space, it sounds like you might have more full-on front views of the refrigerator though, and not as many views from the side where you can really see trim. You actually might have a great situation to just use the free-standing option and save quite a lot without ruining the look.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Another note... Often you can play with the dimensions of the overlay panels from the cabinet manufacturer, too. Check the specs of the refrigerator, the weight of the panels, and see if the panels can be enlarged from their specified recommendation for the refrigerator. You might be able to make the overlay panels a bit larger and improve the look, too.
  • Lisa Hamilton
    10 years ago
    My panels look really good. Mounted on a black fridge so side trim is shiny black and so is the handle that runs down the left side and is also the handle to the bottom freezer. Oven is black as is drop in cooktop. So it works but I'll admit, I had to be talked into the black fridge. What fun is this app!
  • jam926
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks so much to both of you!