Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hollyjade88

Help to give bedroom wow factor!!

hollyjade88
10 years ago
Please excuse my messy room but my dog ruined my comforter and I need ideas to give our bedroom a wow factor!!! Please help with any ideas-- color of end tables, color of bedspread and bedroom paint color

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    10 years ago
    I would add a high-end piece of silk to the head board. Something like a Tai silk with its own weave/pattern. Staple it onto the back of the head board to see what you can come up with. I bet that would start the whole ball rolling.
  • hollyjade88
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Do you have a picture
    Of what you mean? My husband built our whole bed and headboard actually!!
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    How cool your husband is so handy! If you want a wow, I think chandeliers hanging above the night stands looks wow. First, I'd suggest getting two more curtain panels so you can extend the rod to have your curtains line up evenly with the edge of your headboard. Having a ceiling electrical box would be required but it's worth it. I like the wall color you have.
    Crystal 3 Light Mini Chandelieri · More Info

Copper/Crystal Pendant Chandelier · More Info
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    Pinch pleat gray? Target at a great price...
    Threshold Pinched Pleat Duvet Cover Set, Gray · More Info
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    Check out the above headboard. Maybe your husband can get strips of the nail head detail and nail around the edges like the above photo? If you like the look.
  • hollyjade88
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Great idea!!! Thank you
  • PRO
    Ron Ames Photography
    10 years ago
    Is that the only window in the room?
  • hollyjade88
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    No there's one on the side of the room
  • anapants
    10 years ago
    I would do something like tufting to the headboard. Blue could go great with this room.
  • anapants
    10 years ago
    Example of tufting
    hollyjade88 thanked anapants
  • hollyjade88
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I was thinking blue also!! The tan is too plain for me!! What color bed spread and night stands?
  • eyeheartdancing
    10 years ago
    Bedding like this would look nice!
  • User
    10 years ago
    I would hit the post Christmas sales to get a duvet cover, then get other colours from that.
  • felixgrantham
    10 years ago
    Pick your bedding or headboard fabric first, then wall color.

It's disconcerting to have the bed in front of the window - will it fit on the other wall?

Drapes are too thin. You need at least double the amount of fabric. Hang them high & wide (mainly outside edges of the window). Your lamps are too low for reading. Consider some wall-mounted fixtures.

What is your style? Please post some more pics of other rooms you have and/or like.
  • PRO
    Tiffany Amato Ethan Allen Puente Hills California
    5 years ago

space planning could be a good start. the bed should be on a wall with no window, and new larger scale lamps!!

• Irene Morresey
    5 years ago
    Some ideas. I would add nailhead trim to your headboard
  • Susan Davis
    5 years ago

You have a nice start with the cool bed....continue the bed with a duvet cover in one of the colors in the curtains for a nice coordinated look. Don't forget to put a fitted sheet on the box spring that works with the duvet cover so the box spring always looks 'designed'.

Add a large piece of art for one of the walls with colors that include the bedding/curtains......check out Alexa Hampton interior design ...she does great compositions of smaller art combined into a great looking whole design.

Bedroom: Mark Hampton LLC · More Info

Add lamps in a contrast color or coordinating color that are as tall as the headboard or a bit taller....this will be expensive as bigger lamps have a bigger price but you need them to balance out the large window, curtains, and headboard....now take a breath and see how it all looks.....

These are all the elements mentioned above but two very different rooms.

Leaside Master Bedroom · More Info

Elk Mountain Scenic Hwy · More Info