Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbretz

80's Nightmare to Contemporary Dream Part 2

bbretz
7 years ago

Looking at this room.....I had no clue where we were going to go with the remodel. That hearth, by the way was 18 inches high, 18 inches deep and 18 FEET long!

We closed in the half walls, tore out all the brick, woodwork and mirrors.

We intended to build back the bar but the TV got too big so hid the plumbing inside the cabinet should we change our mind. We also tore off the 4 ft return wall at the edge which really opened up the entire area to the entry way.

I purchased an extra piece to 'super-size' the sofa which seemed to make sense. I wanted to point out the tempered glass we are using in front of the fireplaces and also on the ottoman. This is common in Europe but hard to find or very expensive here. We found ours on Craig's List....just repurposed from coffee and end tables.

The pool was literally a swamp that needed draining.....no gators but a couple of frogs and the pool area was pretty rough. We replaced the indoor/outdoor carpet, sanded and repainted all the French doors. I did stray from our contemporary theme to install this awesome middle-eastern lamp.

So......that gives you a good over view. We still have the Master Bath to do which will be a total gut job.....maybe I'll go to work on a thread for that. Would love some input....its an unusual space.

Comments (18)