Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judyotaylor

judyotaylor
12 years ago
where is the on/off switch for the garbage disposal? I currently have this dilemna. Thanks.
San Francisco Inner Sunset Victorian · More Info

Comments (13)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    Most folks have an electrical switch in the backsplash or an air-switch on the sink itself
  • PRO
    Design Set Match
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Hi Judy, I've use an air-pressure Sink-Top-Switch on the counter to the left of the faucet. You can see it here in another photo. It has a very low profile and comes in many metal finishes.
    San Francisco Inner Sunset Victorian · More Info

The one I prefer to use is by Insinkerator. http://www.insinkerator.com/product/accessory.php?id=32&template=hhd
    The Garbage disposer is also by Insinkerator. Pro Excel.
  • judyotaylor
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    I love it! I have never seen an air-pressure sink-top switch! Thank you so much for sharing this. This is to go on an island where I don't have a back splash. This will work great! Thank you!!!
  • PRO
    Design Set Match
    12 years ago
    You are very welcome!
    Enjoy your remodel!
  • judyotaylor
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thanks Alisa! We're also using your under-sink drawer suggestion. I'm so tired of getting on my knees with a flashlight to find that lost sponge! lol! Thanks so much.
  • judyotaylor
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    No problem! My contractor/plumber is my husband and he has pictures! lol! Thanks again.
  • PRO
    Hollis Hibbert Design
    11 years ago
    The on/off switch is a button in the countertop that looks like a doorbell. Mine is brushed stainless.
  • jsullivanpharmd
    6 years ago
    I installed my air switch inside the flip out door under the sink. This way it stays nice and clean.
  • User
    6 years ago

Please visit our store

houzz.com/pro/whoselamp

• K Streb
    5 years ago

jsullivanpharmd would you be wiling to send me a pic of how you did the button in the flip out door? I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing.

• A R
    5 years ago

We just had the insinkerator air switch installed in our new quartz countertop and we love it! It's so much more convenient than a switch on the wall, doesn't get confused with a light switch, and it also means one less thing to put on the backsplash. It works great!