Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heather_stephenson

heather_stephenson
12 years ago
How are you venting the cooktop - downdraft?
Hill Section Home · More Info

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Birdseye Design
    11 years ago
    downdraft
  • nanalovesdesign
    11 years ago
    do you need a downdraft, I seldom use my fan, thinking of not putting one in my island, any comments?
  • Kathy Wackerle
    10 years ago
    I am wondering the same thing and wondering if they have a venting system
  • nanalovesdesign
    10 years ago
    I ended up putting a BEST fan in my ceiling. It's almost flush and doesn't impair visibility. Also has great LED lights. I have a 6 burner gas range top and the pop up downdraft fans are not recommended for gas. Another drawback is you sacrifice a lot of room out of the cabinet under the range top. It looks like this cooktop pictured has a downdraft.
  • PRO
    Birdseye Design
    10 years ago
    This is a downdraft range
  • PRO
    pccresolutions
    9 years ago
    @nanovesdegin what is BEST fan. Need to do something similar and I liked uour ideas
  • PRO
    danabelcheragent
    9 years ago
    Thank you for contributing. You may have solved my biggest dilema I am having regarding my range since Jenn Air seems to be getting awful reviews and so far they are the only downdraft range I can find.
  • nanalovesdesign
    9 years ago
    You are welcome. The other benefit is that it is much quieter than other fans we checked out. Good luck.
  • Dena Damron
    9 years ago
    why is a downdraft vent not recommended for a gas cookstove in an island?? I'm building and ordered one :(
  • nanalovesdesign
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    This is what one of the reasons why we decided not to. Did quite a bit of research and this explains it best.
  • monpetitjardin
    9 years ago

I wonder, Dena Damron, did you ever install a downdraft gas cookstove? I am looking to replace my down draft electric and have very narrow choices.

• Dena Damron
    9 years ago

I chose not to have any vent whatsoever, mainly just because I didn't feel the need for it. I had originally planned on having an electric downdraft installed (the kind that goes up and down), then I started thinking about my countertop being cut, and I actually cancelled the order.