Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leannsather

Have you ever heard of anyone heating a natural swimming pond?

leannsather
9 years ago
We have a natural swimming pond in MN and I would love to heat it to extend the swimming session a little bit. Any ideas on an economical way to heat a natural swimming pond 5-10 degrees?
Pierce Lanucha Natural Swimming Pool · More Info

Comments (7)

• leannsather
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the idea. My husband did try to make what I called a "redneck" heating system by pumping water out through some hoses that were on panels for an attempt to provide solar heat. Our pond is 30,000 gallons, so I don't really believe it ever had any impact, but he swears it did. I really just want to warm the temp 5 degrees. Part of the problem is that the pond doesn't get in full sun until after noon and then looses sun around 5 pm- so if we just cut down the beautiful 100+ year old maple that shades it in the morning it would probably solve the problem. :) Which we are not going to do of course.
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    9 years ago
    What about if you already have a pond, with springs, and wildlife (about 3/4 acre in size) and you want to make part of it into a natural swimming pool. Can that be done?
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    9 years ago
    You may be able to isolate part of it with a stone wall or sandbag wall, to keep ir cleaner, but it would be tough to keep it as clean as a closed system.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Why is that?
  • PRO
    Robins Nest Aquatics
    9 years ago
    To isolate it and keep it cleaner. You still habe the challenge of keeping up with wster quality of the whole body of water.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    If you could wall off a third of it, would that work?