2014 CotY Award - Whole House Remodel $250,000-$500,000
- Like most homes that have raised rambunctious teenagers, the old Oak staircase and banister had quite a wobble to it! We really wanted to create the feeling of Elegance when you opened the front door. It is the first impression when you walk into the home.
- The staircase was custom designed to what we were looking for. It was made and stained locally. We chose a stained wood tread with painted risers that would compliment the painted white custom spindles and the magnificent Brazilian cherry newel and handrail. The result is grand and spectacular!
-The 2 tiered iron and glass chandelier was just the right choice for the space and can be dimmed for ambient lighting
- Elegant commercial wallpaper was installed in the entryway, and the tall white crown molding enhances the open stairwell in the foyer.
- Beautiful cherry interior doors with a soft curved top and oiled rubbed bronze hardware would replace all the worn out oak paneled doors with brass door handles (middle back left).
- All of the flooring was removed from every room in the home, and 3 1/2” Brazilian cherry flooring was installed throughout. It gives the home nice continuity with the banister, the front entry door, and the new interior doors.
-Staircase wall was pushed back to allow daylight to flow into the adjoining formal living room.
- A palette of 5 colors was used throughout the home to create a peaceful and tranquil feeling.