Although it’s often overlooked, purple is one of the most versatile colors you can use in your decor. When done well, a purple bedroom can be chic, sophisticated or even moody. While you can take things in an overtly feminine direction, you can also use more neutral shades like eggplant and mauve. Still need some direction? Read on to find more purple bedroom ideas and browse our extensive photo gallery below.
Start By Defining the Mood You Want to Create
Purple bedroom decor can go a number of ways, whether you’re furnishing a teen girl’s bedroom or a master suite. So before you start picking anything out, consider what you want your bedroom to feel like.
- If you prefer light and airy interiors, opt for shades of lilac and white. You could hang sheer white curtains and incorporate pops of light lavender and baby blue in your throw pillows, a rug or even on your walls.
- Alternatively, if a rich and contemporary look is more your style, layer velvets and chunky textures in deep shades like plum, magenta, dark blue and green. To avoid going overboard, steer towards shades that are darker and more neutral, and pair them with rich brown wooden finishes.
Next, Choose a Color Scheme, Furniture and Decor
Purple goes well with almost any other color, so the key is picking out the finishes, accents and decor pieces that make you feel right at home.
- Color Scheme: Gray and purple bedrooms are classic; go heavy on the gray and add in subtle touches of purple to create a calming retreat. Teal and silver are also natural accent colors to use, particularly if you’re going for a chic contemporary look.
- Furniture: Don’t shy away from going with a colorful piece of furniture here and there. A purple chair in velvet or linen can look gorgeous tucked in a corner and really give your bedroom a personal touch. Headboards, benches and seat cushions can also look great in purple (and you can always opt for a light-colored fabric).
- Decor: Have some fun with your decor and make your bedroom really pop with a creative wallpaper. Opt for a bold design, a metallic finish or a gorgeous floral print in your favorite shade of purple. When it’s time to accessorize, you could look for an elegant white and purple bedside lamp. Or simply toss in a soft wool throw blanket in a delicate shade of violet.
Whether you want inspiration for planning a purple bedroom renovation or are building a designer bedroom from scratch, Houzz has 1,550 images from the best designers, decorators, and architects in the country, including ACC Cabinetry and Longhouse Architects. Look through bedroom photos in different colors and styles and when you find a purple bedroom design that inspires you, save it to an Ideabook or contact the Pro who made it happen to see what kind of design ideas they have for your home. Explore the beautiful purple bedroom ideas photo gallery and find out exactly why Houzz is the best experience for home renovation and design.