some of this weeks harvest

jerryntex
13 years ago

Allready gave away 2 bags full.

{{gwi:70948}}

Comments (12)

• dgbeig
    13 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of tomatoes. What kind are they?
    and what kind of cukes?

here's mine!

{{gwi:70949}}

The purple pea idea came from here, actually....a post about beautiful and rare veggies...

• jerryntex
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tomatoes, Sweet 100's, Early Girl, Porter, and Roma
    Cukes are Straight 8
    Cubanelle peppers

• Jeff B.
    13 years ago

If you don't mind my asking, how many tomato plants do u have? And how often do u harvest, daily or weekly?

Your tomatoes look awesome btw!!

• jimster
    13 years ago

About this time every year, you Texans start posting those kinds of pics. I think you are just taunting us Yankees, who have just recently gotten our tomatoes in the ground. It's not fair! Please be a little more considerate.

Thank you.

Jim

• dgbeig
    13 years ago

Jim -
    that's how I feel about those florida folks posting it in December!
    for heaven's sakes!

• sjkly
    13 years ago

I harvested my very first cucumber this week and had it for a snack yesterday.
    I have harvested 5 zuchini in total.
    A handful of strawberries-never more then one at a time.

• itsgoodtobeme
    13 years ago

Until I saw this I was really excited about my 1st little yellow tomato flower :(

• macheske
    13 years ago

sjkly,
    What kind of strawberries do you have? Our strawberries are done now. We had way too many this year; two rows of about 80 ft. If you want a couple thousand plants in the next spring please send me an email. I have Jewel.

BTW...We're up to about 30 zucchini and summer squash so far this year (3 plants) and wishing that cucumbers were ready.
    Rick

• sjkly
    13 years ago

I have Quinalts. I have most of them in a topsy turvey strawberry planter.
    Then I have a small patch on the hill that I am hoping will take over the whole hill-of course they are a variety that doesn't put out many runners so it may be a slow process. Next spring I will need to put some June bearers on the hill to hopefully accomplish my goal of having strawberries as ground cover for that area.

• organicislandfarmer
    13 years ago

How do you get the berries so big, mine are always so tiny!!!

• eyesofthewolf
    13 years ago

I have been doing pretty good for a newbie because of the help that I have gotten from this website so thanks to everyone on all the forums for sharing knowledge.
    {{gwi:70950}}
    The eggplant I started from seed were labeled twlight they sure look like black beauty to me lol.:o)Deanna

• anney
    13 years ago

{{gwi:70952}}

These are a small patty pan squash, so cute, and my very first Sungold F1 tomatoes. I also found four Sungold Select II tomatoes that had colored, so I'll wait for all of them to ripen a little more on the counter before their initial taste-test.

There are still Fortex pole beans waiting to be picked today. From one 8-foot double row, I've gotten a gallon of them every other day for a week. There are a few Italian green beans waiting to be picked, too, not as many.

My cowpeas and limas haven't blossomed yet, so I guess they'll be along a little later, maybe with the main season tomatoes. There are several cucumber blossoms on the vines climbing up the trellis, so we should get cukes soon, too! Also peppers, which have babies on them now.

We've already eaten our strawberry crop, several zucchini squashes, two patty pans, and a lot of lettuce.

I'll set out the Emerald okra today, a bit late, but that won't matter with everything else that's coming in.