Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liza_rafe

I bought a "biscuit" sink for a white bathroom - help!!!

Liza Anne
11 years ago
Ok - so I score an AMAZING find on Craigslist for a beautiful Kohler pedestal sink. I paid $100 for it, and it retails at well over $600. I truly love the sink, so does my husband, we just need to figure out how to make it work!!

You can see the sink and other ideas I have here on my pinboard: http://pinterest.com/lizaanne930/our-new-bathroom/

If you click through on the sink photo, it will take you to the Kohler site where you can see what "biscuit" looks like.

I get the sink home, and in my massive excitement, I did not realize that it's exactly a true white (even though I did ask the guy). It's BISCUIT!!!!! How do I put a BISCUIT sink into my bathroom that will have white tub and toilet and white tile, with lime green walls??

Please do help me - I would love some suggestions!!

Our bathroom is DINKY small, typical 1950s bungalow style. We are having it ripped out to the studs to remove the painted plastic tile, mismatched shower, and falling apart flooring.

I can't expand my budget, so I need to work with what I have. I have not yet picked out my tile colors yet, so there is still wiggle room there.

I've posted some photos so you can see what it looks like today.

Thanks for your help!!! :-)
~Liza

Comments (14)

• yvonnecmartin
    11 years ago
    You could decide to do a biscuit and white bathroom. For example, if its not too late to change, your tile could include both colors, plus something else for a little contrast. This could be a darker shade of the biscuit or some pastel. Make the sink that you love the feature of the bathroom with more emphasis on it--the white will fade off as background.

Sometimes such mishaps lead to a much more interesting room than had been originally planned. I learned that from my sewing days.
  • betsyweisberg
    11 years ago
    This is one of those things that will always bug you. I would sell the sink and find a white one. The room is just too small to be playing with the basics.
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    If your other pieces are white, I would sell the sink and get the one you really want. Even if you can do a blend with the tile, I think it would still look odd with the white fixtures right there.
  • PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    11 years ago
    You can look into having the sink reglazed, but our experience is that it will cost as much as getting a new one. I would resell the sink and get a white one. You will be happier in the long run.
  • Liza Anne
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I love all your suggestions, I really do!! But I'm still loving this sink. Sooooo - how about this. I do a TOTALLY crisp white bathroom - walls, floor, tile, everything. But only the sink is biscuit, and I really play up that difference to showcase the sink. I would put the lime green only on the window wall. And if that's too much even, I would go totally white with just pops of the green on the wall with art or maybe towels.

Thoughts?? :-)
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    11 years ago
    Take a deep breath... Exhale.... And realize you can recoup your money by reselling this biscuit colored sink. As Shannon said, it will always read as a mistake. Don't force it.
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Here's my backstory on this. We wanted to keep our white toilet and our white sinks, but the sinks were damaged in the removal. The size was so odd we had the dickens of a time finding replacements, and when we finally did, they were biscuit. So, we ended up with a new biscuit toilet as well. It really did look too patchy with the two different color fixtures/
  • Liza Anne
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Sigh.......ok. :-( We will take some photos of it and list it this weekend.

Anyone want to buy are really beautiful BISCUIT Kohler pedestal sink? ;-)
  • jeanrose
    11 years ago
    What's with the obsession with green? Replace the green with biscuit, including the towels. Instead of all white tiles, see if you can mix some biscuit into the tiles, even if it's only the edging. It's too small a room for more than 2 colors. Put a small green plant on the back of the toilet or on a small shelf.
  • Liza Anne
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I like green.
  • jeanrose
    11 years ago
    Me too, but too many colors in this small room won't work. You're already locked into biscuit & white, so use green in other rooms. Also, buy a nice green robe, so you'll see the green while you're in there.
  • Liza Anne
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I already said that I'm selling the sink. The green works fine in small spaces - please do read the entire conversation, and click the Pinterest link, to understand the entire concept. I'm sorry that my choices have upset you so.
  • jeanrose
    11 years ago
    I read everything that was available on this site when I made my reply. I have an old computer and can't have 2 sites open at once, so I didn't click on your link. You're comment to sell the sink wasn't posted here when I made my reply. It was posted 2 minutes before my response, but wouldn't show up for me to see until I left this area then came back. I think that you made the right choice to to sell the sink, but until that point you seemed very set on keeping the sink that you liked. Green does work fine in small spaces, but regardless of color you shouldn't have too many different colors so prominent in a small room. Lime green & white should work very nicely. Good luck!