Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Happy Birthday Aliska 12000

carla17
15 years ago

Happy Birthday. Forgive the lateness. I hope your day was very special!

{{gwi:308228}}

Carla

Comments (11)

• aliska12000
    15 years ago

Carla, how sweet of you! Thank you! That's a beautiful rose, and I saved it. At my age, I almost dread my birthdays :-). My sister and two of my daughters remembered. Everybody else forgot. That's ok. I'm used to it. I have to confess that I've forgotten a couple myself, never my 3 adult childrens'. I remember most of the older grandkids' but have written down all the rest or I can't keep track of them all, and I don't have many, just that they are scattered due to family things.

I always remember and think about my long-deceased parents on their birthdays. No matter how long they are gone, I think about them almost every day still, but especially on their birthdays. My mother would be 108 had she lived; my father 98. It just seems odd when I think of it that way.

• markiz37
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

{{gwi:321360}}

Lana

• mauirose
    15 years ago

Aliska-Wishing you blue skies and smooth sailing for your birthday and always!
    {{gwi:321362}}
    Mlle. Blanche Lafitte

• michelle_co
    15 years ago

Hi Aliska,

Happy Birthday! These are alpine iris that grow wild here in Colorado.

{{gwi:321364}}

Thank you so much for the very sweet note you wrote me. I have not had time to write back. Yes, things went steeply downhill with my family health situation in May and I have not been around. I will write to you when I get a minute.

I want you to know how much I appreciate you. :-)

HUGS,
    Michelle

• greenhaven
    15 years ago

Well, well, well! Happy birthday, aliska, and thanks for your invaluable input on this forum.

Best wishes, Greenhaven

Star of the Nile:

{{gwi:321366}}

• alla_pa
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday to a sweet lady. Stay healthy and happy.
    {{gwi:321368}}

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Aliska, I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Carla

• mendocino_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Day!
    {{gwi:236160}}

• Terry Crawford
    15 years ago

Aliska, Happy Belated Birthday. I hope your roses put on a spectacular fall flush for you.
    Best wishes,
    Terry

• buford
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Aliska!

• aliska12000
    15 years ago

Oh, thank you all so much for giving me a big lift this morning. Those pictures are so gorgeous, I saved every single one, absolutely stunning! That wild iris is beautiful, Michelle! Write when you feel up to it. I know how that is when things take a nosedive and you get behind.

I found out on the fruits forum on my birthday that my new cherry trees have virused canker on the trunks, even if not true I've not been happy with the form of them but did kind of bond with them already. So yesterday I called a local nursery to find out about my prospects and options for replanting in the spring. The upshot of that was I ordered two new ones and will have them planted for me yet this year, usually I do plant myself, but too difficult right now. So that is what I did for myself, and I didn't spend much this year on plants. Now if these fail, that will be it :-). No more big ticket items from big box stores even though everything is a gamble, I know that, and I've got this begonia that was just a little thing last year. You should see that thing now in a 5-gallon pot and looks like a small tree! So you can get nice things at the cheaper places, am not knocking them across the board.