Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daun_gw

Savanna Silk - Does anyone have this?

daun
16 years ago

I just could not walk away from this rose. I bought it at Home Depot today. It is a Jerry Twomey rose. I looked it up on HMF and nothing came up. Please let me know if you have any info on this one.

Thanks,

Daun

Comments (10)

• foxglovema
    16 years ago

Hi Daun,
    I don't have any info, but I bought this rose too. I love the pale apricots and the flower is very "frilly". I've got it planted and it's giving me a very exhuberant flush at the moment. I'm in a much colder zone than you are, so I'm hoping it will make it through the winter.
    good luck!
    deb

• cindyabs
    16 years ago

I was intrigued by the name since I live near Savannah. We went to HD yesterday and sue enough, they had it there. It is a bit more than I usually pay for my roses but I think I'll get it. I did some research on Jerry Twomey this morning and was pleased to see he was responsible for quite a few good roses and recognized by the ARS as such. As an independant maverick hybridizer he didn't get as much recognition from mainstream as some.

• bethnorcal9
    16 years ago

Bummer... our HD doesn't even have ANY roses at all!!! They're so dumb here.

• foxglovema
    16 years ago

The roses at our local HD are kind of run down at this point. however, if you can find this rose, I think it would be worth it to purchase and baby it back to health. It has been doing quite well for me here in z5/6. It has very little black spot (it's horrible here - we are pretty high humidity wise) and has about 10 blooms on it right now - other than the Austins, its the most floriferous at the moment.
    I have a picture... but I can't figure out how to post it -

• daun
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are some pictures from last week...
    {{gwi:334307}}
    {{gwi:334309}}

I really like this rose it is to bad you cant find any reference to it anywhere.
    Daun

• foxglovema
    16 years ago

Its been a little cooler here this past weekend and the flowers are a darker apricot, fading to almost white. And it smells very nice too!
    Foxglovema

• gbebeh
    16 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I just bought this rose today. A total impulse purchase at HomeDepot but wow this is a gorgeous rose.

Those of you who grew it last year, any updates on it?

thanks,
    gbebeh

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

I bought one when HD had it 75% off. Yeah me!!! Anyway these pictures look great. I can't wait to see mine bloom. Judy

• gbebeh
    16 years ago

prettypetals- I got mine for 9.99 at HD. A little more than I would usually spend on one of their roses. But this bush is huge! And has over 10 blooms on it. Really gave me an idea of what it will look like in the garden.

I hope you enjoy yours, mine looks great already!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Hi gebebeh, Mine was one left from last year. I bought it in Jan. I think which is why is was on sale. I do hope we both enjoy it too! Judy