Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

My dozen roses from the grocery store are growing!

aggierose
15 years ago

Hello everyone! I've missed this board! I recently found out I am pregnant with triplets so unfortunately, my rose addiction has come to a halt! I have been too sick for the last 3 months to do anything, and I wouldn't dare go near any chemicals I use on my roses while I'm pregnant.

Anyway, I've read about this before, but I can't remember the details or where I saw it. My husband brought me home a dozen red roses because I was feeling so sick and because he knows how much I'm missing my own roses right now. The flowers are all dead now and I went to throw them away and I noticed that about 4 of them have new stalks growing from them. Are these roses that I might actually be able to get to grow? If so, how do I do it? I wouldn't know where to begin. Also, why are they growing? I've bought so many roses from grocery stores and this has never happened! I would love any advice. Thanks!

Comments (2)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

WOW aggierose, CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband. How sweet of him to bring you roses. I don't know the answer to your question just wanted to say congrats. I wish you the best of luck and please, please post us some pics of your beautiful babies when they are born. Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you feel much better. Thanks for sharing your great news and take good care of yourself. Judy

• Noni Morrison
    15 years ago

I don't know why these roses are growing either though I wonder if some are treated with something that stops them from growing. Perhaps you got roses that had been treated with fewer chemicals.

Anyhow, I hope your babies grow strong and well! Wish I could supply you with my organic roses during your pregnancy!
    Of course that would have to be next spring now and suspect your babies will be due before then. I hope you will keep us informed of how your little gardeners are doing. What a wild adventure you are started on!