Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Epiphyllums beginning to bloom

ladylotus
10 years ago

My epiphyllums are beginning to show all their glory. My greenhouse smells wonderful. Here are a few photos.

This is Tiny Flame. It was my first epi to bloom.

Comments (20)

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is an unknown that really is putting out a lot of blooms.

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is another unknown. The flower is HUGE. It measure 9 1/2 inches. Just gorgeous.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Those are all gorgeous.Mine are starting to bloom also.Can't wait for the one on the front porch to start opening,it has 15 buds on it.

All of yours are different than the ones I have.
    Tfs
    Kathi

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Kathi. I got a little over excited and ordered a lot of cuttings from all over including Europe. I did not think I would get all of them to grow BUT...every single one rooted and is putting out a lot of growth right now. I can hardly wait to see them all bloom next spring. I have quite a few more buds and cannot wait to see them all bloom.

What is the name of the variety on your front step? I would love to see photos of everyones epi blooms.

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Just lovely!
    I purchased one last year. I think it's just a
    white one. The plant itself has really grown
    over the last year. I can't wait for a bloom.
    Karen

• seedmoney
    10 years ago

Ladylotus,
    You stated "my greenhouse smells wonderful."
    Are you saying that some epis are fragrant? Do tell...

• hijole
    10 years ago

Ladylotus, what a nice collection of Epis you've got there, I have only two colors a magenta & preach color but I must say they are both brilliant. I must comment on tiny flame, he made a BIG impact on me, he's looks very impressive.

Greg

• hijole
    10 years ago

This is the one I called preach colored, ok, so I might be a little offf, what would you call this color?

Thanks, Greg

• chrisware
    10 years ago

That 1st unknown is beautiful. Wish I had one like that... It reminds of circus, one that I've been wanting to find

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey guys/gals,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Karen, I hope your white one blooms for you this spring/summer. They sure are beautiful! Do you know the name of your white one?

Seedmoney, oh yes so far the unknowns and Lotto are very fragrant. Sadly, I did not even smell Tiny Flame to see if it is fragrant. I have a lot more buds on Tiny Flame so I will check and report back.

Greg, you made me laugh out loud at your color description of preach. It looks dark pink to me and very very beautiful. Thank you for sharing the photos. It looks like you have more buds that you will be enjoying as well.

Chrisware, Tiny Flame is a little fella and it is a very nice blooming epi. It seems to be one of the first ones to bloom for me. If you are referring to Circus Circus...that is a large flowered epi. I'm hoping to see mine bloom yet this spring also. When it does I will post a photo.

Happy gardening all. I hope you share your epi photos as they bloom.

• cwcervantes
    10 years ago

One of mine bloomed last night.

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CW looks gorgeous. Did it have a fragrance?

• cwcervantes
    10 years ago

Very little. Still open today. As well as this rat tail cactus.

• teisa
    10 years ago

Oh I am in love his morning, opeNing these wonderful pictures! They are all so pretty!!!

Thank you LadyLotis for starting this topic! It has made my day. I have two, that are yet to bloom. How long would you say it took from cutting to bloom?
    Thanks everyone for sharing!

• ladylotus
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CW love your rat tail cactus. Only problem with those are all the dawg gone spines. The bloom is beautiful.

Teisa, thank you. It depends on the maturity/size of the cutting. Some of my cuttings bloomed a couple blooms the first year. But most of them take a couple years to bloom.

I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

• dianashh
    10 years ago

Gorgeous pictures!!! Mine is blooming as well I believe it's some kind of hybrid but I still don't know it's name.

{{!gwi}}

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

I have one that has 15 buds on it,can't wait for it to open,should be in the next few days.It got blown over the other day,but only one pad got broken,and there was no bud on that one.

I have some echinopsis that are starting to open as well.
    Kathi

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    9 years ago

I'm very new here, I loved the colors and the sizes of these blooms, are they cacti or succulents, now I want to add Epis to my collections(Plumerias, Orchids and Cactuses)!!!! I do have a couple of Christmas C. and an Euphorbia Crestata, is anyone familiar with It? But I do want to find one or two Epis, where did you find these beauties?
    I'll be waiting to know!!!!
    Annamaria

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

WOW there ALL So beautiful, everyone has such beautiful flowering plants and some soon to flower!!
    I'm really digging that rat tail cacti that is beautiful!

I'm totally inn awww and Jealous of YOU ALL!