Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houstontexas123

my first blooms of 2014

houstontexas123
10 years ago

we had a tough winter this years in TX. my in ground trees suffered a lot. my Moro blood might be dead. my Cara Cara is just now showing signs of life after about 50% frost dmg.

but my N33 was the most cold hardy. and is in full bloom, its a wonder fragrance.

Comments (9)

• houstontexas123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

my potted citrus were ok. here's my Meyer lemon.

its loosely staked b/c the previous winter, the tap root rotted, and only has lateral roots.

• ladyrenee30
    10 years ago

What kind of plant is to the left of the Mayor Lemon with flowers? I have one that has the same leaves and I don't know what it is.

• orangelime1
    10 years ago

Kind of looks like grapefruit. Your yard must smell great.

Brian

• meyermike_1micha
    10 years ago

Awesome Houston..Just awesome...

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 19:28

• ladyrenee30
    10 years ago

The tag I got with the plant said it was a lime. It hasn't bloomed though, so I don't know for sure.

• orangelime1
    10 years ago

Ladyrenee30 take a leaf off the tree that is turning yellow and ready to drop and squish it . If it is a lime tree the leaf will really have strong lime scent .

Brian

• houstontexas123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

to the left of my Meyer is a unknown mandarin tree. i think my dad said it was air layered from one of his friend's tree. but don't know the variety.

• orangelime1
    10 years ago

Houstontexas it could be a yuzu mandarin which is really cold hardy to 10 degrees F. It's is kind of used like a lemon when cooking.

Brian

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    10 years ago

Libson lemon tree blooming again

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 0:52