Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

2012 Spring Flowering Trees and Shrubs

Annie
12 years ago

I just uploaded some pictures of my garden:

{{gwi:647054}}

Click on the photo to view the entire album.

I will be adding more images, so check back.

~Annie

Comments (8)

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Just L-O-V-E-L-Y.

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Most of the fruit trees are blooming. There are pinks, red, and white blossoms, and with the early flowering shrubs, it is just beautiful. There are still a few more shrubs that haven't started to bloom yet.

The white blooms on the two Red Plum trees are filled with thousands of honeybees. It is wonderful to hear the sound of them humming and buzzing about in the branches overhead. There are so many of them that they are bumping in to one another and knocking off blooms. The ground is white with Plum flowers. Looks like snow!

The cherries haven't started blooming yet, but the wild Sand Plums are in full bloom everywhere throughout the countryside. I hope we get lots of those wild plums this summer. They make the best, tart Jam. I especially love it on fresh baked bread with butter. Yum.

The Redbud trees are just beginning to bloom and there are new leaves popping out on all the hardwood trees.

But, it's 81 degrees out today. I have to get a hand on the weeding before it goes to seed. There is much to do in cutting back dead wood caused by last year's drought. Lots to do to clean up the garden. Had to come in and cool off for a bit. (puff, puff). It's going to take a week or more to get all the weeding done. The purple flowering Henbit is so pretty. Every flower has a busy little bee sipping nectar - I hate to pull it out, but it has really gone bonkers this year. It has to be hoed or pulled out - at least around my flowers.
    I will start the mowing and trimming later today.
    Gads! I am so out of shape for all this gardening! Going to take a while to get my back and legs back into it.

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, that link to the photo doesn't work.

Jane Magnolia - her blooms open fully on hot days like today.
    {{gwi:647057}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Try this - Annie's Album

• ogrose_tx
    12 years ago

Gorgeous, Annie!

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just uploaded a few more pics to my PhotoBucket.

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    12 years ago

I love the lighting in many of your photos. Wow! Spring has really sprung by you! Thanks for sharing.

I think that Purple Henbit you speak of might be what I have been seeing spreading throughout areas of my garden. It spreads by runners? I looked at google images and I'm pretty sure that's it.

• Annie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thyme2dig,

Below is a LINK to a website showing pics of Henbit and information about it that you might find useful. ~Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Henbit - Invasive Broadleaf Weed

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Your shrubs and trees create a dreamy atmosphere. So pretty, Annie. Love the cat in the wheelbarrow! For some reason I can only view up to photo #9 and then my computer freezes up. I'll try again later.