Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junglegal_gw

Headaches w/ pressure changes?

junglegal
16 years ago

Am I the only one who seems to get these low grade sinus headaches with all these pressure changes this time of year?

Not enough to keep me down but enough to make me feel like poo. I feel like I'm a human barometer! I should buy stock in sudafed.

JG

Comments (6)

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

head, joints ...you name it. It seems that the 'forecast' is usally a day or two ahead of a big change. Do you ever wake up to a perfectly wonderful day and you hurt so bad you just want to go back to bed?? I've only ever found one doctor who actually agrees that the body responds to pressure changes! (hopefully that's changed over the last few years - I just don't go to a dr very often!) Your sinus headaches might be partially due to molds or other allergy-type related ailments. We put a 'blue tube' in our air return (our son is an AC tech and recommended it because of his dad's serious allergy problems). We've noticed a huge difference in the allergy related things like the sinus headaches and post-nassl drip. The balast conked out on the blue tube and we were without if for about two weeks. REALLY noticed a difference...

• msmarion
    16 years ago

DH and I have both been congested and feeling like poo lately too. I"m going to ask him about Blue tube as soon as I finish typing this. He spent 30 in HVAC up north and I've never heard of it. Oh honey...
    Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    Marion

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

This is the website for the blue tube. Our son installed one that is somewhere around $150, I think... his dad is usually VERY sick during the Feb-March time...citrus pollen, molds, grasses, etc...this year he breezed thru...Joey installed the light around the first of February. As I said..we were without it for a couple of weeks this summer waiting on a new ballast (which the company replaced at no charge, by the way)...boy..was I EVER glad when it was fixed! Of course, one cannot be positive that this is the reason, but we're fast becoming stronger believers!! LOL not positive, but I think they're in Jupiter.

http://www.freshaireuv.com/

• junglegal
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beth thanks for that link! I'll check that out!
    I run 2 hepa filters in the house 24/7 for my allergies. I take shots bi-weekly too. Finally in the last month I've been able to kick my 2 nasal meds. I know the mold could be a big factor. It just seems like these storms make the ol' head throb. An older friend w/ arthritis in her knees has even been having a rough time and had to have cortisone shots this week. I do think pressure changes affect the body. How could they not?

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Well, I am always congested with allergies, and always have achy joints. Good thing for phys therapy. It's helping me tremendously. Dennis never gets so much as a wince, but the last few days he is coming home with headaches. I think the pressure and humidity have a lot to do with it.

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

You know when my head gets worse is when the storm is coming off the Yucatan Peninsula.They call it the Yucatan Yukkies. Keep track next time your head hurts of where the storm is.When a tropical storm/hurricane came across the state from there I could NOT lift my head off the pillow it hurts so bad!
    I was glad we didnt need to evacuate as I was worthless!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting