Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Front Yard Garden Gets Professional Photographers Attention

newyorkrita
15 years ago

Some of you know that I have quite afew roses and daylilies in my front yard were all passersby walking or driving can see them. Earlier this evening I am out there watering the baby roses I planted this spring and I notice a car going slowly and then making a U-Turn and parking in front of my neightbors house. A gentleman gets out with camera and I can see him heading towards the roses until he notices me and stops. So I say hi and we start talking. It seems he has come by before (lives in same town as me) to take pictures of the roses.

Remember you can just stand on the sidewalk and litterally touch at least half of Florabundaville in the front yard, so its not as if he was tresspassing or anything like that. The roses just started their spring flush this week so are the stars of the show right now. The Daylily section in the front yard is right next to Florabundaville.

So I tell him to feel free and shoot and tell him if he would like, there are more roses in the side yard that can not be seen from the street. He was really surprised by the side yard, like most people are because from the front, you can not tell any of its there.

I figgure its just someone that just likes the roses. Well, he does like the roses but it it turns out he is a well known local nature photographer with a current exhibit of his work here in City Hall. He gave me a flyer for the exhibit and said I should come down and see it.

So when I take pictures I just walk around and shoot and thats it. Doesn't take very long. Took him a long time. He showed me some of the shots in the camera in the review mode and I could not believe how beautiful.

He wants to come back and take more rose shots plus dropping many hints that he would love to shoot the daylilies as they come in bloom. He told me the garden was absolutely increadible. Made me feel good :-))

Comments (13)