Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abendwolke

tropical plant sale USF botanical garden

abendwolke
15 years ago

July 12 & 13 , Tropical Plant Fair

Sat., 10am-4pm and Sun., 10am-3pm

I will be there Saturday, would be nice to meet fellow gardenwebbers :-)

Evelyn

Comments (20)

• mboston_gw
    15 years ago

I hope they have more vendors than at the Butterfly Plant Sale. Many of the "regular" vendors weren't there.

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope for the best :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: info sheet - pdf

• the_musicman
    15 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

but
    Hmmmmm..... DO I need to attend one more plant sale???

I feel like a junkie lately. Spending so much on the yard and garden. Probably neglecting other aspects of life.... hahaha :)

I like the "pepper beauty contest" with free admission on Sunday. I already have a winning idea for my homegrown jalepenos.

Maybe I'll see you all there.

• laura1
    15 years ago

THe botanical garden membership has really paid off! Of course I might not attend BUT it is "free" to get in. Then they have me hooked!

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

I am going to be there with Evelyn. ;o)

• kelpie473
    15 years ago

I won't be able to go until Sunday :-( but I don't want to miss it like I did the one in June! I'm taking my red wagon if anyone is there Sunday be sure to say hello!

Suzanne

• laura1
    15 years ago

I think we need tee shirts w/ a big GW on the front so that we can ID each other at these events. Or we just something distinctive so we will know one another. Ideas?

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Name Tags?

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How about 'buttons', those could be stuck anywhere.

don't we know anyone crafty to be able to create a nice button, not GW (or else we be in trouble about copyright stuff)but something else.... if we had a design it can't be that expensive to have buttons made, no?

MARCIAAAA, you are the art expert :-)

• kelpie473
    15 years ago

That would be fun wouldn't it? Maybe this weekend pin a sprig of rosemary or something to our hat?

Suzanne

• laura1
    15 years ago

A sprig of rosemary pinned on our shirt would be OK...I'd have to look too close to see it on a hat.

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Your name on Gw, like Katkin, on a name tag on your shirt would work well and wouldn't be missed by other Gw'ers.

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What a neat idea the rosemary sprig!! Why go plastic when we can go natural.... now, what if one doesn't have rosemary, basil or dill wouldn't work too well

• laura1
    15 years ago

What ever herb you have handy!! I don't think I have any peel and stick name tags but maybe I can find something. An address label? Maybe DH has something. I will be there early tomorrow.

• deepnshallow
    15 years ago

How is the plant sale this time? I was planning to go today! Just wondering if it would be a good trip there..!

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    15 years ago

was worth it for me, I got some plants that where on my lust-list for a while... We (katkin and me) spent two hours there, but we really looked at EVERY plant LOL. Afterwards we went to lunch at GrillSmith, ohboy, I wish we had this restaurant in Orlando!!!

• the_musicman
    15 years ago

I had a great time yesterday. Ended up with two Bananas and a Fig. It rained most of the morning today, so I'm glad I didn't wait. Finally got a membership to the USF gardens, as I realized I wind up going to every one of these events...

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I walked around with my rosemary sprig pinned to my shirt, but I did not see you Laura, nor anyone else :-/

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Yes, I had a great time and we were there with Evelyn and DH till about noon. Then we went for a yummy lunch. I got some cool dancing ladies. :o)

• laura1
    15 years ago

Yeah, I was there with my rosemary on. I saw Musicman and aroidgardener. The prices seemed a little high to me but then there wasn't anything I was looking for. I got a ginger root and a red crimun which totaled $10. I'm really trying to curb the spending. I've planted a bunch of stuff over the last year and most of it just needs a chance to grow and I'll have jungal.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus