Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

What is big,likes the shade, and sounds like a train whistle?

leafwatcher
11 years ago

Blue Wu ! BLUE WU !!!!!!

hahahah

I hear that Hosta coming, coming down the track ..
Well I hope it does come around this spring.. I hope that it comes back.. I MISS my Hosta, and you know I want em back.....
Sorry Johny !
I was suffering from WU fever last fall and planted one Empress and two smaller Blue Wu type.

I had ordered one Blue Wu but received two one eyed plants, after some thought, and lack of room .. I planted them close together, and patted the dirt with my own special compost ... tucked them in snug at the roots.. gave them a sip of aquarium water now and then ;)

Now what will those plants of Trudys be doing soon.. Blue Mammoth, Wave runner, streakers, did someone say STREAKERS !

hahahah, I am starting to get edgy...

This post was edited by leafwatcher on Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 23:34

Comments (7)

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Soon my friend, soon. I hear you. Most of my Hostas are pipping, and I'm going nuts. Can't wait.

Don B.

PS Blue Wu sounds awesome. Please show us pics when available.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

"I hope I didn't buy it
    just to watch it die.
    When I see my soil still frozen,
    I hang my head and cry."

Oh yeah, leafwatcher, you have cabin fever real bad.
    Almost 60F here today, wont be long now.

tj

• gogirlterri
    11 years ago

Les sneezing!
    Theresa

tj,- I love your little poem and lw, if you didn't intend it to be your opening about wanting them back is lovely-poetic also. They put me in such a silly mood I had to add Les's sneezing.
    T

• ninamarie
    11 years ago

"What is big,likes the shade, and sounds like a train whistle?"

I thought you were casting aspersions on my hubby when he naps in the shade during the heat of the day!

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Hostas are poppin' here,with many of them with their first leaves,but they would grow faster if we could just get some sunshine! Yesterday,it was cold and rainy all day with no sun at all. My Empress Wu is up already with only one big fat eye,but that's all there was last year,T-Rex is showing the start of eyes,and my new Dino,still is expanding its only eye,but it is huge. Phil

• User
    11 years ago

And you know what a flat tire sounds like?

Woop Woop! Woop Woop! Woop Woop!

• garden_crazy
    11 years ago

ninamarie, that's just so funny!
    gc