Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchencountertops2

Val Rocha
13 years ago
Do you by any chance know which marble was used for this kitchen project? It looks to me like either Callacatta or White Venatino.
Thanks,
Val
NY Loft · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Paul Anater
    13 years ago
    It's hard to tell from this photograph but what I can see on the decender tells me that this is not Calacatta. There is no brown/ gold in it and that's what I look for if I'm identifying Calacatta.

In the world of marble slabs there is tremendous variation from slab to slab. Add to that that there's no standard way to name stone slabs and you end up with a lot of confusion. The best bet is to go to a marble slab yard and look at the white marbles that are available in your area at a given time.

I work very closely with a great marble fabricator in Tampa, FL and I specify Carerra almost as a default mode for the projects I design. The Carerra we've been getting here for about the last year has had faint swirls of brown in it. If I didn't trust my fabricator I'd never believe it was from Carrera, Italy.
  • PRO
    Val Rocha
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    Thanks for your reply Paul. Being a granite and marble fabricator myself i found it hard to narrow it down to a specific name. My second guess now is that it could be Arabescatto Callcatta, at least it does look very similar to a piece we have on our bone yard.
    That's one of the beauties of natural stone, you will never find two identical slabs and I always point this out to my clients..
  • Joy C
    11 years ago
    Hi, I'm redoing my kitchen and love the marble look. However, I've been discouraged many times to get this as my kitchen counter because it's more porous and requires more maintenance than granite, quartz or quartzite. But I really can't find another type of material that looks like marble. What are your thoughts?
  • PRO
    annie estes
    11 years ago
    I, too, don't want the fear of staining and all the maintenance of real marble. I really use a kitchen and I'm considering the brand Compac in the Carrara style. It won't be as beautiful, but you won't have to worry about it.
  • PRO
    MarbleWarehousecom
    11 years ago
    It should be Calacatta marble Slab.
  • User
    10 years ago
    What is the name or color of the floors and where are they from or where can I get similar color/finish? Thanks!
  • Joyce de Leon
    9 years ago

It looks Super White Premium Marble

Pardon the glare and it's not this dark (this was inside a warehouse)

This was taken from far away.

This is a closer shot.