Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melati_gw

Video

Lee
11 years ago

Trying Hosta video too... getting dizzy watching this without image stabilizer... hope its not too bad lol!!

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Comments (16)

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

You have some very beautiful hostas,Melati,but what's with the strange camera format? Were you holding the camera vertically? Other than that,I enjoyed the tour;you should be proud of your garden! Phil

• Ludicious Acres
    11 years ago

A M A Z I N G !!!!

An absolutely gorgeous garden. Almost all your hosta look virtually unscathed by the weather and critters.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I do have a question though. Towards the end of the video as you are showing us the last part. You come up to Risky Business and then I believe it is Touch of Class next to it.

THEN there is the upright with the with centers.

What is the name of that ?!?!?!? I was thinking either Cascades or Sharp Dressed Man.

When you first started the tour I noticed it while you were still on top of the hill and got all excited as I watched you head down the path.

Whatever the name is, could you be so kind as to share so that it may go immediately onto my list, please.

Much obliged,

Ludi

• plantbug
    11 years ago

Very nice.

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Oh melati, what a beautiful garden you have. I'm quite envious of your great space and your extensive hosta collection. How many do you have?
    Jan

• evermore_gw z 4/5 NB
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Melati. Did you take this with an iPad? Does it matter whether you hold the iPad horizontally or vertically? I'm intrigued because I have been thinking of getting one. Never realized that, with the right app, you could take videos like this.

Steve

• Lee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Phil... I was walking with my ipad... Should hv turn it sideway haha.. Maybe will redo it..
    Jan... Not sure... Lost quiet a bit to voles and weather this past winter and maple tree's lol!!! Less than 400 i think.

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful gardens. I could never take a video without the shakes. I bought a tripod and it does wonders. They have tripods that clamp onto Ipads. It might be worth trying.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Melati
    Your gardens are absolutely beautiful. How many hosta do you have in your collection? It looks like a park and you should be very proud of you creation. Love the idea of the video even if I don't know all the names of your hosta

• Ludicious Acres
    11 years ago

Thanks Melati ! I am excited to say I purchased a Cascades earlier this year.

After seeing yours I can hardly wait for mine to grow up.

Ludi

• Lee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another video from my backyard :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

• leafwatcher
    11 years ago

After watching your new video, I am not sure we both live on the same planet !

What a nice variety of terrain...

• User
    11 years ago

Amazing. Immersed in green, and shades of gold and blue, I can imagine the hosta feel they are back home in Asia. How refreshing to walk quietly through your garden.

• hostahillbilly
    11 years ago

Please go and visit this vid !

I so want to go and personally cruise this garden!

hh

• bettylu_zone6a
    11 years ago

So beautiful!
    Just what I wish I could have, but simply don't have a large enough lot size and the right kind of shade.
    Thanks for sharing!
    BettyLu

• Lee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

:) thanks

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Fantastic and you have greatly improved the camera work as well.

Jon