Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bostongardens

New England Spring Flower Show Tickets

bostongardens
16 years ago

Courtesy of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society, we are giving away two free tickets to the upcoming N.E. Spring Flower Show, being held at the Bayside Exposition Center in Boston, from March 8 through 16.

The name of the winner will be chosen from those who sign our Guest Book at www.bostongardens.com through the end of February.

For more information about the 2008 N.E. Spring Flower Show, "Rhapsody in Green," visit www.masshort.org.

Here is a link that might be useful: BostonGardens

Comments (12)

• diggingthedirt
    16 years ago

Thanks, Hilda. I was lucky enough to win these last year, so I can attest that they are real tickets!

The lecture schedule for the Boston show looks great this year, too. Tony Avent (from Plant Delights Nursery) Rick Darke, Tova Martin, Julie Moir Messervy, Paul Tukey, and other "rock stars of the gardening world" will be there. Can't wait!

• bostongardens
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Nan,

With your permission, I'd like to quote you:
    "Rock stars of the gardening world."
    Ain't that the truth! Thank you. *:-)

• gymnast_gal
    16 years ago

This will be the last year that the Flower Show will be held at the Bayside Expo Center. Starting in 2009 it will be held at the new Boston Convention Center.

• richdelmo
    16 years ago

Not the Bayside next year, that's a disappointment for me. That is/was a very convenient location from where I live. Haven't been to the BCC yet do they have a good parking facility.

• gymnast_gal
    16 years ago

<... haven been to the bcc yet do they have a good parking facility.>

Rich:

It is definitely not so easy and convenient as Bayside is. At least in my opinion.

Last time we went to an event there, we arrived at 11 a.m. All parking lots adjacent/under, etc., were full. Even the valet parking staff were not accepting any more cars.

We were directed by police officers to drive to a parking lot several blocks away across from the Design Center, where we were told we would be picked up by a trolley and brought back to the BCC.

We got lost! Finally found a parking spot on the 4th floor of the garage. When we got down to the trolley stop on the first level, there were about 200 people waiting. We finally made it to the BCC about 12:30 p.m.

Public transportation may be the best way. Someone said that there are shuttles from South Station? Haven't tried that yet.

• gymnast_gal
    16 years ago

You can get tickets to the Flower Show by becoming a member of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. The number of tickets depends on the level of membership.

There are members-only hours and there' a members' lounge, where I understand this year there will be several presentations. Has anybody else heard of this?

• bostongardens
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(.... There are members-only hours and there's a members' lounge, where I understand this year there will be several presentations. Has anybody else heard of this?....)

According to the 2008 MHS Members Brochure, the following are members-only demonstrations to be held in the Members' Lounge at 10 a.m. on the following dates:

Saturday, March 8--Water-Smart Gardening

Sunday, March 9--Introduction to Water Garden Features

Saturday, March 15--The Dirt on Dirt

Sunday, March 16--Hosta Hosta!

~ Hilda

Here is a link that might be useful: Massachusetts Horticultural Society

• richdelmo
    16 years ago

I received an e-mail today announcing I was February's ticket winner...YAY

Thanks so much Hilda, can't wait to see the show.

• sedum37
    16 years ago

About the bus from South Shore Plaza in Braintree. Does anyone know if they are offering it this year? The web site makes no mention of it. Any info would be appreciated. Or if you have an email where I could ask a question of someone at Mass Hort (there isn't a dedicated email that I could find for the Flower Show).

• bostongardens
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Sue,

Have not heard of a bus from South Shore Plaza this year. I think that it would have been mentioned in the press materials that I received. The only phone number I have that is specifically about the Show is 617-933-4980. I'll let you know if I'm able to find out anything.

~ Hilda

• diggingthedirt
    16 years ago

From the Bayside Expo web site:

Transit

As a convenient alternative, take the T or Commuter Rail. The MBTA Red Line and Old Colony (Plymouth/Kingston and Middleboro/Lakeville) Branch of the commuter rail system both stop at the UMass/JFK station directly across the street from us.

and ...

SPECIAL FLOWER SHOW NOTICE FOR SUNDAY 3/16/08:
    Due to the St. PatrickÂs Day Parade on 3/16/08 the MA State Police strongly suggest that ALL TRAFFIC FROM THE SOUTH OF BOSTON use Exit 14 Morrissey Blvd. to avoid backups.

• sedum37
    16 years ago

Thanks Hilda and DTD. I usually go the first Saturday later in the day but this year was thinking of taking a vacation day and going on Wednesday as I'm interested in a few talks. So my only problem is that if I take the commuter rail (parking fills up by 7AM) and the Red line at Alewife is usually full 8:30 AM to 9AM. So was thinking if they offered the shuttle bus like in previous years this would be a good option. I'll give them a call tomorrow and verify the bus it out this year.