Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

Craziest thing I did within sight of a Hosta !

leafwatcher
9 years ago

I am only starting this thread because I have a goodie !

I was up welding on the top of my Moms WINDMILL today for quite awhile... I never thought I would do that..

I never once said "I can see my Hosta from here !"

OK, I know you guys can come up with a few good stories....

Comments (13)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Some of my hostas are in pots outside my family room/kitchen. There is a rug there on the floor. A few glasses of wine.... DON'T ASK! ;-)

-Babka

• mstrecke
    9 years ago

Brewed a mess of beer on the back patio... and then after it fermented kegged it into the kegarator.. and then drank a mess of it on the back patio.. then there is the rug inside past the back patio doors... Like Babka said DONT ASK!!!

• old_dirt 6a
    9 years ago

Good one Babka, at least you were inside. I was reminded once (years ago) "Don't make love at the garden gate, the gate is blind but the neighbors ain't."
    TO LATE!

• unbiddenn
    9 years ago

420, my hosta are very mellow.

• bragu_DSM 5
    9 years ago

I had a hosta on the kitchen table I had to move. ditto.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

I think this thread is progressing to TMI....lol

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Yeah, let's cleanse the pallette. I beheaded a squirrel once, in my main hosta bed. With a shovel.

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Was it in a pot, Dave? Was it a H. 'Little Stiffy'? A H. 'Backyard Monster', perhaps??

Don B.

• anniegolden
    9 years ago

Fell of that darn ladder trying to get a symmetrical overhead shot of Sagae. Didn't do this in sight of a hosta. Did it into a hosta. And part of a hydrangea. I live alone so my crazy stuff is rated G. Well, that was kid of violent, so maybe PG.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I must admit this baby spun out of control fast !

hahahahahah
    Annie was lucky she fell off the ladder not my Moms windmill !
    However ladder pics are good pics.. I know my neighbors look out of their houses and say SHEESH what is wrong with that guy?

I am sad you fell into a Sagae .. that was my first fancy Hosta "Crush" hahahhah

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I must admit this baby spun out of control fast !

hahahahahah
    Annie was lucky she fell off the ladder not my Moms windmill !
    However ladder pics are good pics.. I know my neighbors look out of their houses and say SHEESH what is wrong with that guy?

I am sad you fell into a Sagae .. that was my first fancy Hosta "Crush" hahahhah

• esther_b
    9 years ago

I used my new little Weber Smokey Joe grill today---right in front of all my hostas! The turkeyburgers resulting from this display were great. No wine necessary, nor rugs.

• hosta_freak
    9 years ago

I don't know if you would call it crazy,but I took a hard fall,when I tripped on my steps in the garden,while carrying a piece of wood to add to my garden bench I was building at the time. Naturally,I fell on my right shoulder,(and I am right-handed). It wouldn't have been so bad if it was my left one,as I can't do anything left-handed! Anyhow,my rotater cuff still isn't good,but it is better than it was two years ago,when it happened. I never had it repaired,but it gets better every year,so I probably won't,as I am an old person,and it doesn't matter. P.S. I didn't fall on any hostas! Phil