Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

final info NH Plant Swap

annie_nh
12 years ago

The original thread for our plant swap is getting too long and it takes too long to get to the latest information so let us post here for any last minute info.

Please try to arrive here by 10am or earlier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sunny weather but the forecasters can't seem to make up their minds.Anyway bring rain jackets or umbrellas just in case and bug spray. I've been getting a lot of bites lately.

If the weather is good you might want to bring a lawn chair

If it rains we can put our plants in barn, breezeway or on the porch. We will manage somehow. We always have!!

For those of you who need directions or have forgotten the route just go to my page and email me.

Old age is creeping upon me and my memory is really short lived so I am listing here what I think I have promised to trade

Diane monkshood and filipendula

Blake blue cardinal flower

Kathie anemone

Debra hibiscus

Let me know if I have left anyone out.

Looking forward to Sunday and praying for good weather.

Annie

Comments (12)

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well it doesn't look too promising for tomorrow but it is too late in the season to postpone the swap so the swap will go on.
    If you decide not to come please post here or email me. As of now I have 30 people who have said they were coming. I do hope you all come but I will understand if you decide not to.

Oh by the way many of you have visited Perennial Gardens which is only about a mile from me. Their last day of the season is tomorrow so there may be some good bargains. I'm going up today to check it out.

Really hoping to see you all tomorrow.

Annie

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Annie,

I have been to your swaps on beautiful sunny days and I have been to your swaps on rainy cold days. Both were deliciously fun and enjoyable. Michael and I will be there tomorrow regardless of the weather and are looking forward to seeing you and all the other gardeners! Thanks for the tip on the garden center. We will check it out tomorrow on the way to your swap.

Happy first day of October and I send good thoughts that it will be a lovely month for us all!

Blake

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hi Annie,

Do you need more cat nip? I know the seedlings I gave you in the spring were so new that I don't know if they made it. But I was outside this morning, and came across a good size mature catnip plant that I can dig up for you if you would like it.

Blake

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Blake ,I would love the catnip. Murphy devoured the plant you gave me in June. He will be very happy to have some more.
    Annie

• scpearson
    12 years ago

I am coming, and looking forward to it, rain or shine.
    Am headed back to the old thread to see what everyone might be looking for... and will finish potting up today.
    Susan

• scpearson
    12 years ago

This is a duplicate message from the other plant swap thread:
    I am interested in creeping phlox, Diane and pjhendrick, if you still have some not spoken for at this point.
    Lisa, if the dwarf pine is still available, I would love to give it a good home.
    Daylilies - interested in anything to mix with my all yellow group.
    Blake, I am bringing you a hanging spider plant and a pothos, both houseplants.
    I am bringing a couple Blue Festuca, a 12" silver-blue grass that thrives in any soil, any conditions!
    Also bringing several Bugleweed Ajuga, Chocolate Chip, sun to part shade, happy almost anywhere.
    Will bring something for the table and some garden related items to share.
    See everyone on Sunday
    Susan

• dfaustclancy
    12 years ago

Blake,
    I'd love a piece of that catnip for Maggie and Mickey.
    If not this year, maybe next?

I contribute to kitties getting high!

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    12 years ago

Annie, thanks for a great swap. And thank you to everyone for being so gracious to my newbie friend and sending him home with such great stuff!

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Annie and All fellow Gardeners,

What a great swap as usual! Thank you, Annie, again for hosting such a marvelous event! Such a treasure to look forward to each spring and fall.

It was pouring rain when I left the house in the morning, and it was pouring rain when we got back to the coast that evening, but wasn't it wonderful that magically the rain stayed away during the swap! I was very appreciative of that!

It was good seeing everyone, and as usual the pot luck was yummy. Sheila and Marsha, I LOVE your desserts!

Debra, I am sorry I didn't see your message before I left for the swap or I would have brought you some cat nip too.
    I will try to rememeber that for next spring. Please remind me!
    I came home with a carload of plants as usual and will be busy planting over the next few weeks. I hope the weather cooperates!

Thanks again Annie. I will see you all next spring, if not before.

Blake

• dfaustclancy
    12 years ago

Hi there Annie,

Just a quick hello to say thank you for a wonderful day yesterday. Everyone is always so friendly and warm, no matter the weather. I think you should find a way to bottle your French Onion soup, cuz that liquid is a joy! Yummy! I got so many wonderful plants and both Paul and I enjoyed ourselves as usual. It's funny, I've taken to telling folks at your swaps, "see you in the spring" or "see you in the fall" -- I just take it for granted that you will be having another one! And I don't want to ever take these swaps for granted -- they are wonderful and uplifting and as I said before "my Christmas!" Hope everyone has a wonderful Fall/Winter and if all goes well, We'll see each other in the Spring! God bless.

• scpearson
    12 years ago

Hello Annie,
    Thank you so very much for a wonderful day at your swap. Everything was perfect, including the weather! You have such a congenial and generous group that comes. I was surprised that my husband David decided to come along and HE was surprised that he enjoyed himself so much.
    The food was wonderful and the company, just superb. You are a terrific host in every way.
    Thank you to Blake, Lisa, Diane, Peter and so many others for their generous trades and tasty lunch.
    I planted some of the new plants today and was inspired to tidy up some of the garden and plant some bulbs I had as well. Headed down to New Bedford (MA) in the morning to plant the foxgloves at my mother's house. She gets so much joy from the flowers in her garden. Thank you to all, but of course, to you, Annie, for hosting the swap!
    Regards, Susan

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

What a dismal day today.Rain pelting down.Leaks in the breezeway and sun room.
    Luckily it didn't rain yesterday. I planted almost all of my lovely plants that I got in the plant swap except for the holly bushes. I'm waiting for my son to dig me some holes for them.You were all so generous in the plants you offered.Just to name a few, Kathie, there were so many toad lilies in the bundle you gave me that I planted them in 4 different places.And Peter, I planted 7 of your raspberries.

Well the weather wasn't perfect on Sunday but in a way I think it was one of the best swaps we have had. Everything was low key and I think we all enjoyed each others' company as much or maybe more than getting new plants.
    Should I mention the food which was fabulous?I was told once that people who gardened usually were very good cooks as well.This certainly proved true on Sunday.I've been feasting on the left-overs and my sister particularly likes the monkey bread.Thanks again for coming and I look forward to seeing you all in Spring
    Annie