Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Show some of your favorite 2014 pics

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

Out of many rose pictures from the 2014 season I am showing three of my favorites, would love to see some of yours.

First one is -
PEACE

Comments (66)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Cinnamon Dolce

Double Delight

Grace Seward

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Cinnamon Dolce is so pretty. Seil, is it a producer and how well does it hold? Redwolfdoc, love the names Tawny Tiger and Dragon blood. The roses were pretty, too. Would these work in a vase? Brittie, gorgeous pic of Francis Meilland and wishing you more blooms! The pic of Beverly makes me want to bury my nose in it.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Here's 'Eureka' in a softer tone. I like the pink infusion look best.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Here's my best picture of 'Colette'.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

My best 'Golden Celebration' shot this year.

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

Just a few favorite photos of 2014.

Chicago Peace in May,

and a May yellow sport,

in June,

and lastly, in October,

Honey Dijon

• SweetElepaio
    9 years ago

Gorgeous photos! Here's my favorite photo of the year. Crown Princess Margareta.

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Wow. I'm in love with Colette and Princess Margareta. I just got Margot Koster and I'm in love with her too. Here are a few of my favorite rose pics this year.

Heritage (austin):

Chicago Peace

Our Lady Of Guadalupe

Jude the Obscure

Livin' Easy

Gemini

Dames De Chennonceau (my favorite rose)

Belinda's Dream (my most profuse bloomer)

A few of the bouquets I made this summer:

...and who can forget precious and luscious Lady Emma Hamilton, she's my new love!!!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Everyone has posted some gorgeous roses. It's such a joy to see the beautiful varieties so many of you have, keep them coming. Love your beautiful arrangements dsd2682!

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

I am swooning over all these beauties. Can't wait to acquire Lady Emma Hamilton. Your blush and white bouquet of roses is so beautiful and romantic, it's fit for a bride, dsd2682.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Ken, I'm not sure whether Cinnamon Dolce will be a show rose yet. I just got it last spring and it didn't produce anything show worthy the first season. I'm hoping it will do better this spring.

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Kousa, great pic of International Herald Tribune. I am not familiar with this rose. Would the rose work in a vase? Dsd, love the bouquets. Sara-Ann, this thread is like a runway for roses!

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Thanks, Kentucky rose. I wish it produced more flowers but being a first year own root plant, IHT gave me only a few blooms this past summer. At this point, I don't know how it does in a vase. I will let you know next year. The color of this rose is very pretty and unique, a combination of violet purple. I prefer it over Blue for You which I also grow.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    9 years ago

I love this thread! I hope people keep on posting. :)

Kentucky Rose, I doubt Dragon's Blood or Tawny Tiger would do very well in a vase, and neither had much scent this year. They're both first-year plants though. DB had unreliable bloom form and didn't produce much, but perhaps it will improve in time. The colour is outstanding. I brought the last buds on Tawny Tiger inside in October, but they didn't open well. Admittedly, it probably wasn't a fair test - it was a last-ditch effort to have roses past the snow cover.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    9 years ago

Crown Princess Margareta is to-die-for!

Ah, and Jude the Obscure... sigh. :)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

*** dsd2682 ***

'Dames De Chennonceau' is totally new to me. HMF lists her at 32inches. How tall does she get in FL? How long have you had her? TIA

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Iris_Gal,
    "dames" is not a tall rose, she is more of a wide grower. I have had her for two years and she hasn't gotten any taller than 3 feet but she's about 3-4 feet wide. She is low growing with long lateral canes and she has awesome black spot resistance and a great fragrance (although I cant recall what she smells like at the moment, I know I spent most of my summer with my nose stuck in one of her blooms). My only complaint is she's kind of a stingy bloomer. She likes the HEAT and blooms best in the dog days of summer. Once the weather cools, however, she barely blooms at all. But I don't mind because she's easy to care for and when she does bloom, its worth the wait. :)
    She's a Delbard by the way, which have always done well in warm climates, she'd probably do well in your zone.

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Kentucky-Rose,
    I'm in LOVE with Louise Estes. What an amazing bloom. And isn't distant drums just so unique with its violet orange? What an amazing plant is the rose, to have such spectacular colors, just wow!
    Chicago Peace seems to be in everyone's yard (including mine) and for good reason!

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

It's been a crazy, busy year here, so I haven't been over to the gallery forum in quite a while. Looks like I've been missing out. Everyone's pictures are so beautiful...I love them all!! I'm very behind on downloading my pictures this year, but am really enjoying browsing through seeing the beauties on this thread.

• SweetElepaio
    9 years ago

I am loving all of the photos! Jude the Obscure is on my wishlist for 2015. Here's Charlotte from today. It started as a band in the spring, and it is finally producing flowers more regularly. Yay!

• SylviaWW 9a Hot dry SoCal
    9 years ago

Just three photos? Okay, I'll try to pare it down. I had many, many amazing Granadas this year -- here are three on the same plant that show the astonishing variety of variation on this rose.
    Two more photos to come.

9 years ago

Here's a photo of Molineaux I labeled "textbook" since it looks just like those in the catalogue!
    I later transferred this rose and it hasn't done well in its new spot at all. Hopefully recent rains will help.

9 years ago

This is my favorite shot of Carding Mill (although believe me, I have many more...). This was taken during an intense May heat wave. heat does not seem to faze this rose at all.
    By the way -- I went bonkers of that photo of "Our Lady of Guadeloupe." Doesn't that rose also have another name?

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Wow SFV4L that pic of carding mill!! (Enabler!)
    I THINK Our Kady Of Guadalupe May have been known as Shing Hope (according to help find.com) but I'm not sure. She's a profuse bloomer. I just moved mine from a large pot into the ground so I'm hoping for a quick recovery and lots of new growth soon.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Here's a couple of my last bouquets of the season. The lik bouquet is Blush Veranda. My big bouquet is some dried out Vanilla Strawberry hydrangeas and Cafe Lait dahlias.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Now a big bouquet of Anne Boleyn. Love her but she shatters quickly. Judy

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Judy, your bouquets are breathtaking!

• SoFL Rose z10
    9 years ago

Wow Judy. Love the dahlias too. I see you have both blush veranda and cream veranda. Do they perform well for you? I've always wanted to try the veranda series since they are compact. Are yours compact, good bloomers?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Thanks Kentucky Rose and dsd2682! My Cream Veranda has blooms on it all summer grows about 3 1/2 tall and almost as wide. My Blush Veranda on the other hand has a rare beautiful bloom. My sister in laws though blooms beautifully. Not sure what the deal is but I reordered another one from RU this past spring and have it in a diff location than the last in hopes it performs like hers.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Such beautiful roses. Molineux is perfect and Charlotte is so lovely. Judy, your bouquets are so elegant, as usual. Iris_gal, love your Colette, is it the one by Meilland? How do you like it?

9 years ago

Judy, Cream Veranda is new to me and absolutely gorgeous!! As for those dahlia ... dinner plates.
    Thanks, everybody, for posting these photos.
    Sylvia

• bethnorcal9
    9 years ago

OMG everybody's blooms are just gorgeous! Love 'em all!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Just a ton of beautiful pictures in this thread. What a great year!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Geat pics everyone! :-)

• mshermer
    9 years ago

Leonidas

• mshermer
    9 years ago

Pope John Paul II

This post was edited by mshermer on Sat, Jan 24, 15 at 5:16

• mshermer
    9 years ago

Imperatrice Farah

• mshermer
    9 years ago

Dublin

• mshermer
    9 years ago

RK Witherspoon

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mshermer - You have some beautiful roses. Love your picture of Dublin. I used to have that rose, but the blooms weren't that pretty, wish they had looked like that one.

• mshermer
    9 years ago

Thanks Sara Ann~Dublin does well here in NC.

• dan_keil_cr Keil
    9 years ago

Falling in Love in back, Suffolk in front!

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

This isn’t a good rose picture and is from September, but it still makes me yearn for Spring…dogs frolicking in green grass below blue skies with flowers glowing in the sunshine…

{{gwi:2131072}}

• rosynut
    9 years ago

Novalis taken in my garden this morning. By just adding some shade to the background the rose itself became very blue but the colour is quite true to form.

• dizzylizzy 7b
    9 years ago

Cherry Parfait

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for posting pics of your beautiful roses. I really enjoy all the gorgeous photos. Novalis looks especially out of this world beautiful! Karen

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

More pretties! That Louise Estes is just killing me. Does anyone know how well it does in heat?

• marymook
    9 years ago

Peach Drift. This is cut off. Maybe you can open it up. Lovely at NYBG.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Test Photos

BEWITCHED

SOUVENIR DE AL MALMAISON

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!