Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anikna

Mystery plant turning yellow

anikna
11 years ago

Hello!

We recently moved to Malaysia and last weekend went to a local nursery here. One of the plants we purchased was the one you can see in the photo above. The man at the nursery told me it was called 'calathea green' but I can't seem to find information on this plant - when I search for 'calathea green' on the internet I see something quite different.

As you can see, some of the leaves on this beautiful plant are turning yellow. Obviously something in the new environment is not suiting it but I can't be sure what. When I researched calatheas the information suggested direct sunlight may be an issue. The plant is next to a window that receives sun in the afternoon. I have today started to keep the curtain pulled further across the window in case this is the problem. I have also turned it around so that the yellowing leaves are further away from the window. However, I'm really not sure and would be most grateful for any advice you may have.

I'm quite new to growing indoor plants so any suggestions at all would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Comments (4)