Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzydaze

NEW: big one time seed trade

Belinda Sisemore
16 years ago

This is not a round robin, it's a one time swap.

FALL FLOWER FLING

Yes, its that time again, So here it is, my fall flower fling!!!

Flower seed swap-- Dead Line is: November 30,2007

I am hosting a flower seed swap. This includes flowers, shrubs, bushes and vines.

Send as many packets of seeds as you like: Send all of one kind, or all different kinds.

The number you send will be the number you get back: (example- you send 25 in you get 25 back)

Be SURE to add proper amount of shipping for returning your seeds. (send either a SASE with proper postage for mailing back your seeds-since you'll be sending the same amount as you get back then postage should run about the same both ways) OR (use the same envelope and just toss in correct amount of stamps & and an address label. I'll be happy to lick and stick'em for you.)

There will be no swapping until all packages are received. (Last time I did a swap the list topped 100 people. Let's aim for that again) I will let everyone know when all packages are received.

I do a "don't want list" So you list things you don't really want and I will try (no promises) to not send you anything on that list.

I also do a "want list" and I try to fill at least one (I try to do two) items off this list. (Please remember I am not the seed fairy)

Dates and dead lines: Swap starts NOW and all packages must be in by November 30, 2005

I am always ask what amount to send and how to send it, and what amount is a fair trade. SO.....to me a fair trade would be what I'd feel like getting back. I'm not a seed counting person. I use a tea spoon and put some in a bag. If it's a large seed just use good judgment, and please remember we are not all born with a green thumb and sometimes we need enough seeds to try again. (But if you must count let's say....20-25 seeds pre seed package for regular flowers, I'm sure all would agree you'd really have no need for 20-25 bushes or shrubs of the same seed)

Rules (guess we need some, so here goes)

1. Seeds must reach here by dead line (I say this every time but I'm very adjustable and will accept people on the list if they hurry right up to the dead line-but you must email me and tell me your seeds are on the way)

2. Seeds must be in individual packets (make you own, buy some, doesn't matter to me) and size of your bag is up to you.

3. Please try and put at least 20-25 seeds pre packet (bag). (I know sometimes it's hard to squeeze that many big seeds in a small packet, but please try.)

4. Be sure to add your (SASE ) or postage and label for return of your seeds.

5. Be sure your seeds are dry and in a good swapping condition, if you send seeds that get here moldy, crumbly, etc. you'll get those back.

6. Send any thing you like, a large assortment or all of one kind, doesn't matter to me. Just remember, if we all send in sunflowers, then we all get back sun flowers.

7. Yes, you can send as many as you like, 100, 200, 10, your choice. I haven't made mine up yet so I can't tell you how many I'll be swapping. I usually do at least 100. And yes, if you have time you can do a double swap. I had 3 people last year do a double set of 100 packages each last time. Just makes for more to please every one with. So....GO FOR IT!

FALL FLOWER FLING

If you want (in) mail seeds to:

Belinda Sisemore

4769 West state HWY 297

Osceola, AR 72370

Email: suzydaze@yahoo.com AKA Suzydaze

Comments (92)

• dem_pa
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'd like to join. Thanks.

dem_pa

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Hi - would like to join as well!

Thanks
    Linda

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'd love to see us have 100 people join in on this, do you ladies know a friend you can invite to join?

Great to have everyone, you still have pleanty of time, I added extra days because 2 holidays fell in the time I listed "Holloween and Thanksgiving" More holidays for me I have 2 birthdays in November, one before thanksgiving and one after.

I sit today while my mom was here visiting and made up 30 seed packs and tossed in the box.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I have been sick for a couple of weeks and unable to do much of anything. Missed the other swap so this should be enough time to get mine in. Still have things drying. Tons need cleaning! Thanks for hosting! Melinda

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

seeds in today
    kristlindgren
    Drippy

thanks Ladies.

• panchiro
    16 years ago

I'd love to join too. I'll start getting my seeds ready right away!

Simone

• rbrady
    16 years ago

I would love to join this swap! Thanks!

Rhonda

• oknish
    16 years ago

I would like to join in Thanks!!! OrDella

• kliddle
    16 years ago

love to join. will send in a bunch.

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda!
    Thanks for sending me an email! Love to join; have LOTS to share; will try desperately to get them to you in time, but don't wait on me if I forget. Thanks again!

• esiuol
    16 years ago

I can't help myself. I love these swaps.
    Please count me in.

Thanks,
    Louise

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I mailed mine today.
    Thanks, Alana

• northforker
    16 years ago

My seeds are now all packaged (finally!!!!) and ready to go. I will bring them to the post office when it opens again on 11/13.

Nancy

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

am still packing seeds for this thanks susie i will post mine out the 23-25th....... so i can keep up..... but this should be loads of fun....donna

• limequilla
    16 years ago

I am running behind with cleaning and packing, but I will send them the Monday after Thanksgiving and they'll get there in time.

Lime

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

pleanty of time left to get in, because I know I'm gonna be running late

I have a chuckecheese party to plan and a sleepover for this week end, then next week is thanks giving, I've got to mow the yard (hope that'll be the last of that). Wash and clean my car. And plan and pack a trip for the day after thanksgiving. Whew that made me tired just writing it down

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

in this week end
    dem-pa

• madamekikia2z
    16 years ago

Belinda,
    Thanks for a mail.
    I'll send seeds sometime next week.
    Kiki

• panchiro
    16 years ago

Sent mine in today!

Simone

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I don't know if you got my seeds yet but I noticed my bonus zinnias packs are moldy, must not have dried them enough, so please just send the back in my envie if they are moldy.
    sorry michelle

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

micyrey, seeds are here and they look just fine

• sjackwheat
    16 years ago

Still packing my seeds. Will try to mail out this coming week. Jackie

• country_gardener
    16 years ago

Hi
    My seeds are on the way...Mailed this morning, Bonnie

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

seeds that came today
    nan6161
    posiondartfrog
    jackie123

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Whew, I finally got my seeds ready to mail. Will be swinging by the post office Saturday on the way to the airport (vacation for 10 days!!!!) to pop in the mail!

Thanks for hosting Belinda and thanks to all the great participants.

Sandy

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

seeds that are in
    Posiondartfrog
    kristlindgren
    strmywhr3
    nan6161
    drippy
    Jackie123
    candycow
    terri-roflol
    countrygardener
    micyrey
    dempa
    patty b
    kratz
    Beth
    esivol
    panchiro

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

I sent my seeds to you did you recieve them thanks donnawilmoth

• ramazz
    16 years ago

I mailed my seeds today (Friday).

Becky
    ramazz

• moonphase
    16 years ago

mine are going in the mail today..
    moonphase

• moonberry
    16 years ago

Hi...sent off my seeds today.
    Mary

• cottageflowers
    16 years ago

Hello. Just wanted to let you know that I shipped my seeds priority today. Thanks, jenny.

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

in this week end, thprough the holiday

Claylady
    Val
    Wilmoth
    Kliddle
    crazy polant lady
    limeguilla
    linda (G)

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Belinda,

Just wanted to let you know I mailed my seeds today.

Alison

• etravia
    16 years ago

Mine are going out tomorrow. I got a little behind over the holiday...to much going on!
    Thanks,
    Maggie

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda

I am so hoping you got mine? sent 11/15

Thanks
    Linda

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda,mailed my seeds today......
    Thank You for hosting this for us.......

moonphase

• shimla
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda -
    I'm sorry, I'm so late. I have a package ready to go tomorrow but don't want to hold you up at all. Any chance you are running a little behind in case they don't touch down by the deadline?
    shimla

• debbiedo7
    16 years ago

Belinda,
    I am getting mine in the mail to you tomorrow.

I can tell everyone that this is the second time I have done the swap with Belinda & was extremely pleased with the trades I got, & yes I got black oil sunflower seeds - but I can tell you that it was over & beyond the number of packs that I had sent in. You won't be sorry that you joined.
    Debbie

• etravia
    16 years ago

My package went out yesterday. Suzy, you got your work cut out for you!
    Thank you for hosting.
    Maggie

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

i got mine in the mail to you - i was hoping to add more in there, but didn't want to hold everyone else up - believe it or not i've still got seeds to sort!

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

I don't see my seeds as being recieved! I mailed on the 17th, I'm beginning to think they went out via the pony express instead of the US mail. Sure hope they are there this week.

Sandy

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda...I mailed my seeds to you yesterday. Thanks for hosting! - Lisa

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Seeds in this week
    sandy's garden
    sjackwheat

I got two today I haven't checked the names yet
    I'll be gone this week end, hubby will be in (he's in every other week end) and when he's here he wants me off the computer. So...as soon as he's gone again I'll catch back up,

• roflol
    16 years ago

Dumb question - black oil SF seeds have come up a couple of times now. Do black oil sunflower seeds not grow sunflowers? I got some in a swap a while back with somebody I trust, and although I haven't planted them yet (I'm trying a few types at a time) seems like this would be one type the birds would love if it grows - so does it, or did my swapper not know either? Thanks for any info, and thanks again Belinda; enjoy your break from the PC. ;-)
    Terri

• roflol
    16 years ago

Got my answers - thanks! I understand. I do things on a very small scale and learned (for me) to get them started as protected seedlings before planting out because something - birds, squirrels, saber-toothed worms, who knows what - was eating mine faster than they were growing too. Personally, if a seed is on my wish list, it could come from a box of crackerjacks as long as it has a chance of growing... I don't really care about its history. :-) Thanks for the responses!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In today
    Ramazz
    moonphase
    etravia
    lisa627_ohio-z6
    moonberry
    dawiff
    shimla
    blue sky 52
    Ostering

and yes...you still have time because I am running like a week behind. I am so far behind I think I need to be cloned.

But anyway, mail'em on in. and next week I'll have time to work on them. Hubby came in last night with all his dirty clothes for me to wash today, and I went by a gardening friends and she had 2 huge bags of plants for me today so I had to get those in the ground this morning.

Almost everyone is in, we're down to about 10 and some of those are in the mail.

Thanks
    Suzy
    aka Belinda

• limequilla
    16 years ago

At a guess, how many people, total, are in this swap, Belinda? Inquiring minds want to know!

Lime

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

limequilla

hummming, I have 50 on my list and I have had a few more at the last minute decide to hop in, I'll be starting the sorting tomorrow.

and might have some ready to mail out by wednesday, I mail as I finish, so when yours gets done, in the mail it goes. And this will be in no order what so ever, just be who's bag gets picked up first.
    Belinda

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

just wanted to let everyone know I have been working on the seed sorting, and hopefully will start sending seeds back out next week, and they will leave here in no order what so ever, just will be who ever I work on that day.

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Suzy - Just wondering if you have received my seeds yet? Thanks so much. thehills2