Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anewlife_gw

Thankgiving Seed Swap. Get started early.

anewlife
18 years ago

Fall is here and our plants are producing seeds, seeds, and more seeds. This is a chance for you to have more variety in your garden and share your favorites.

Here are the rules:

1) You can send as many packets of seed you would like, but no more than 5 packets of the same variety.

2) Send the packets by the end of October. That way I will get them in time to get them back to you by Thanksgiving.

3) You can list the category or names of plants you want or don't want. (For example: I want herbs and showy pink flowers, but no veggies please.) Be as specific as you can, and I will try to match your requests, limited by the seeds people send in to trade! I also try to send seeds that are appropriate for your zone.

4) Follow the golden rule. Send in a generous seed packet like you would like to receive, at least as many as you would get in a quality commercial pack. Fresh, 2005 seeds only, in good condition, no mold, etc. A little chaff is OK as long as there are seeds in the pack too.

5) Send your seeds in a bubble envelope. You will get the same envelope back with your new seeds. Include your name and address, a list of the seeds you sent, and the same amount of postage that it took to mail your package.

6) I really had fun doing this last year, although it took some time to match up people to seeds. Everyone have fun gathering and packing your seeds and making out your wish list!

7) 10% bonus! For every 10 that you send, you will receive at least 11 packets in return.

email ladyjune4@hotmail.com

address:

Lydia Roach

1150 Bakers Ridge Road

Morgantown, WV 26508

(I know I'm not supposed to do this, but if you can't trust garden folk, who can you trust?)

Comments (30)

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Sounds great, count me in!

I will get my seeds out to you soon. This should be fun. Thanks for hosting! :)

• cjsmith
    18 years ago

I'd love to be part of this, will get seeds out soon!

--Carolyn

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Come on everyone, more people have got to join in the fun here!! The more people the better! :)

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

I would love to join!! I will get mine in the mail to you by tomorrow. Thanks for doing this. Lea

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Just a note to say that my 20 packets of seeds went out in the mail today!

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

Count me in.

dem_pa

• elvira_z4
    18 years ago

Hi Lydia,
    Add me to the list. Thanks, Jan

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Hello Lydia
    I would like to join, would you please add me to your list. I will be mailing you the seeds in a few days. Thank you.
    Deanie

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Sorry I could not mail the seeds out today, had a funeral to attend. You have 50 packs going out first thing tomorrow morning.Just wanted to let you know.
    Deanie

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Hi I would like to join.../giverny4me/Susan

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

Hi, I would also like to join the swap. I'll gather my seeds and get them sent this week.

Thanks for organizing this.

Jenny

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

Lydia,
    My seeds went in the mail this week. PLMK when you get them. My mail service here has been less than optimal in the past. Thanks, Lea

• cjsmith
    18 years ago

Mine went out yesterday...

--Carolyn

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Hi, I would also like to join the swap. I'll gather my seeds and get them sent this week.
    Thanks for organizing this.

Toni

• madamekikia2z
    18 years ago

Hi,
    I 'd love to join the swap
    Thanks
    Kiki

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

I think I neglected to post, but I sent seeds in last week to swap. I'm looking forward to this. Thank you!!!!!!!!! Treasa

• taterbug
    18 years ago

I am excited to join the fun. Thank you for hosting!! Lucy

• taterbug
    18 years ago

Yips!! I'm late, but still coming! I wil try to mail today! Elisabeth

• ladywiny
    18 years ago

Am I too late to send some in??? I would like to join in on the fun. Let me know..Thanks!
    Cynthia

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

Hi Lydia,
    Just checking in to see if you got my seeds. Lea

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Bumping to the top

I am sure you got my seeds already hope you did anyways.
    Thanks for hosting this
    Toni

• anewlife
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just to let everyone know the seeds went out yesterday. Thanks to everyone for participating
    Lydia

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Hi Lydia
    Just wanted to let you know that I received the seeds today,what a nice selection. You did a great job hosting this swap, thanks to you and all that participated.
    Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Deanie

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Lydia, Mine arrived today also. Thank you very much. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. : ) Treasa

• jocpinct
    18 years ago

Lydia,

I received my seeds today, thanks to you for organizing this swap - and thanks to everyone for the wonderful variety!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jenny

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

Lydia,
    I got my seeds yeasterday and was thrilled with the great varieties of flowers included. Thanks so much for doing this. Have a wonderful holiday!! Lea Hilton

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

(this is vegangurl20, I just changed my username.)

Hey Lydia,

I received the seeds today, great variety!! Thank you so much for a wonderful swap.

Hope you have a great holiday season. :)

~Summer

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Thank you everyone I got my seeds today.
    Thanks and enjoy what I sent

Toni

• elvira_z4
    18 years ago

Hi Lydia,
    WOW!! What a great bunch of seeds! This was just like Christmas. You did a GREAT job. Thanks a bunch, Jan

• debraq
    18 years ago

Hi, would like to join in but am uncertain on how to go about doing so. I am new to GardenWeb, but have alot of seeds to give and have twice as many wants.LOL
    After browzing around this site I see I am quite normal.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give to me.This sounds like fun, but I am afraid I will get back exactly what I send out,how do you prevent this?
    Thanks,
    Debra