Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: december garden decorating rr..taking sign-ups..

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

Dec - pots & any decorating item that you put on /in potted plants OR Holiday items

Jan - wall art / garden art (?)

Feb - gloves & tools (?)

March - garden book, plant makers & bells (?)

April - garden signs & suncatchers (?)

May - ?

June - ?

July - ?

August - ?

September - ?

October - ?

It's time to sign up for December's Garden Decorating Swap! I'll post the Swap Pal list on the 1st.

Join the fun!

Deb

Comments (41)

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'd like to sign up for December please!

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

I will be sitting out this month!
    Sorry
    ~Kimberly

• llbean
    17 years ago

I'll be in for Dec. too.. Who's hosting?

Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Laura,
    I'm hosting! ;)
    I hope everything's ok with MKruby. I haven't seen Mk post lately.

Also, Ann? Did you receive your November package? Please let me know.

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

I have been gone for a week. Will pick up my mail tomarrow and let you know if I get something. Ann

• llbean
    17 years ago

I just posted in the Nov. thread.. It says that Mkruby's package was del. on the 22nd and I haven't heard anything yet..

Laura

Looking forward to this one.. :)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I would Love to be included for Dec Deb.Oh how I Love this time of year : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    I love this time of year too! I'm looking forward to the first snowfall! It's been 60* here for several days in a row, so I'm totally out of things to do in the yard. I started bringing out all my Christmas decorations, and it feels a little strange putting the items up, while it's balmy outside (and no coat on).

Deb

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I would love to be included also..my favorite time of year...
    shirley

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, great! So far we have~
    Sue
    Nancy
    Laura
    Deb
    Shirley

Any others? Bumping this up to the top!

Deb

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Count me in for this month if it isn't too late. Thanks

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi,
    It's not too late. I'll be taking signups until the 30th.

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

Deb, I will be in. I did not receive anything for Nov, but it was to be from.mkruby. Perhaps she is sick. Ann

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ann,
    Jackie had computer problems. I spoke with Jackie through email, and your box is being mailed out today.

Jackie,
    Do you want to be in December's swap?
    Let me know quickly, I'm pairing up swap Pal's tonight.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry for the day delay, I wanted to check with Jackie (MKruby) first to see if She wanted to be included in this month's swap. Jackie's busy this month, but will check in often.

Here's the lineup...
    Sue (Sguanzon) sends to-- Ann (Snyder)
    Ann (Snyder) sends to-- Laura (llbean)
    Laura (llbean) sends to-- Deb (Debbya)
    Deb (Debbya) sends to-- Heather (Scouttiegirl)
    Heather (Scouttiegirl) sends to- Shirley (Rosebud_2050)
    Shirley (Rosebud_2050) sends to- Nancy (Cedarnest)
    Nancy (Cedarnest) sends to- Sue (Sguanzon)

I'll email your Pal info right away, please let me know if you don't receive it.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your Pal's information should be in your email.
    Mail Date- 15th

Please get all boxes out on time this month, and send with delivery confirmation.

Have fun!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bumping this up to the top, so Everyone has a chance to check the swap Pal list.

• llbean
    17 years ago

Debbya~
    I sent your package at the post office today. the tracking number is 0413 8193 3050 1501 8550 please let me know when it arrives. I did however forget to put in the certificate for a spring ground-cover. I have two sedum, one varigated called tri color and another that is red and I can't think of the name.. Red carpet maybe..
    It is your choice, I also have an ajua called choclate chip, but it maybe one of the ones you have. So.. I will let you chose I wrote it down in my spring planner but you also write it down in case I forget.. Which may happen..
    Cheers..
    I also wanted to ask, are you hosting all the other swaps too? If not and you would like some help for Feb. I could help out.. I think a good thing would be "things I love"
    kinda like Oprah, you send someone else the things you love, but make sure to send them something they would love to get also.. It is Valentine's month..
    Let me know
    Laura

• snyder
    17 years ago

I reveived a very wonderful box today from MKruby. She sent me the following 4 pkgs of seed, 10 iris bulbs, and what I take to be an amaryllis bulg, a yard art sign for christmas,a pointsetta windchime, a garden journal, lily of the valley air freshner, 2 pkgs of christmas tages for packages. A big choc chip cookie in a christmas tin that says I love cookies, a crystal tea light holder and 4 tea candels a small christmas water globe with snowflakes, a welcome sign, a nice pr garden gloves a brocade table scarf a chrismas pen that lights up when you write, an ceramic e gg you crack the top on and it has seed that you grow in it. and a real pretty Christmas door wreath with a happy holiday on it. Very cute. You over done it MKruby and it was worth the wait. Ann Hope I haven't forgotten any thing.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sue your Box is on its way.Hope you enjoy : )
    # 0103 8555 7499 3541 4320

Merry Christmas To Everyone!!

Nancy

• snyder
    17 years ago

Laura(llbean) I sent your box today. Conf # is 0302294o000206545044 Hope you enjoy it. Ann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Wow, I'm usually one of the first one's to send and everybody's beating me this month. Still have a few things to pick up ----and I haven't finished even FINDING all my Christmas stuff, much less getting a tree yet. I better get on the ball! LOL!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laura,
    I'll let you know when the package arrives.
    Thanks so much for the 'gift certificate' for the groundcover! I love anything variegated, so "Tri color" is my first pick, "Red Carpet" second.
    Jackie (MKruby) started this swap, so I'll have to ask her if it's ok to change/add new monthly ideas. I love your idea for February! "Things I Love" is perfect! I'll email Jackie, and post what's decided. I'm all for it! :)

Please feel free to post more ideas!

Heather,
    Your package was mailed today--#0305 0830 0003 1810 3337.
    I hope you enjoy it!

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Nancy - you are so kind and thoughtful and you sent me a box of the most wonderful and appreciated things! I would have posted my delight last night but lost internet (plus phone and cable) and can't get it repaired until Saturday so I'll only be able to post from work today.

I received the most wonderful musical figurine music box in a Christmas theme. The colors complement my living room perfectly and it plays "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". It's sitting on top of my bookcase in the living room next to my Christmas Cactus.

I also received a very nice blue fabric snowman mini-picnic basket with a snowman themed potholder and mitt inside. A beautiful silvery garland of Angels - so sparkly - we can't decide which room to put it in or if we'll add it to the tree this weekend.

A Snow Globe necklace on a long red thick ribbon, I'll be wearing this throughout the season, you can be sure.

And a Snow Globe with a cardinal on the side. We do have Cardinals in Arizona (the actual bird besides the Arizona Cardinals - who never do too well, I'm afraid). It's really lovely.

Thanks so much for such a nice box Nancy. You are a dear and everything was most appreciated.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laura,
    Your package arrived last night. I was too tired to open & enjoy it. My Son has a mystery rash on his face so we went to the dermatologist. She had no idea what it was, so we went to his pediatrician. He might be fighting a virus or allergic to something (or came in contact with something) that caused the rash. He does have 3 new pet frogs, so I'm wondering if they aren't the problem. I did mention the frogs to both the dermatologist and Dr. Both didn't seem to think the frogs were the problem. He's on an antibiotic for the next 10 days.
    It's so draining when the kids are sick, and not knowing what's exactly wrong adds to it! He also was prescribed a steroid ointment (from the dermatologist) that we are hesitant to use. It seems as though the spots are getting lighter, just from the antibiotic alone.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful box! The lighted Crystal Christmas tree is gorgeous! How long did it take to make? And the adorable hand painted Rudolph pot with little clay pot legs! Soooo cute! Plus, the beautiful gold tree/shower gel set! And Chocolate shampoo, bodywash! It smells yummy enough to eat! Thanks for the white seeds for my moon garden! 2-wooden picture frames, gorgeous green and red bracelet/matching earrings, toe ring (my Daughter LOVES it) and promised not to borrow my other bracelet anymore "if" I gave the toe ring to her, LOL! She also wanted the color changing nail polish (how cool--the color changes from sunlight), I told her not until I try it first! Laura, you really sent such a memorable box! I absolutely LOVE everything! Your handmade crystal beaded tree will come out year after year! And I'm always wearing your bracelet (when it's not on my Daughter's wrist). And now I have a festive colored bracelet just for the holidays, that I'm hiding from my Daughter! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• llbean
    17 years ago

Ann
    THanks so much.. YOur box was so very thoughtful.
    Here is a picture of my packed full box
    {{gwi:1307453}}

It included
    A yearly calandar, a candle, a decorative garden fork (did you do that?), two back issues of Taste of Home Magazine, a snowman decoration, a wall pocket for the paper that she included, seeds for: Stokes aster, malva, hibisus (many) , Christmas socks (I LOVE SOCKS), Lotion, trail mix, Red Tulips, Christmas coasters, teddy bear Christmas ornaments, and a rec. for fudge..
    I hope that I didn't forget anything.
    If I did I will post it.
    Thank you again I can't believe how much you filled in the box with. I really appreciate it and esp. the seeds as I am going to try to ws this year. Ha

Deb.
    Glad you liked the box..
    Just tell DD that unles she wants you to wear her toe ring and jam it all up, she will leave your things where they belong :) just teasin.. I am glad you like it.
    The tree took 6 hours, we did it at a crafting day at church, split between two weeks. one to do beads and pins and thenest to make it.. It was fun and easy, but I made one for you and one for me and I NEVER wanna do it again..
    I chose green and red beads and for the beads alone I think it was $30.00 so they are not super inexpensive to make unless you can get cheap cheap beads, but it was fun.. I got to spend time with my mother and that made it all worth the while.

I am glad you like it.
    Laura

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

My box from Deb arrived over the weekend. A welcome cheer as the snow was just terrible these past few days and have not been able to go anywhere. Those are the best kind of days to get packages in the mail.
    My box had a wonderful bathset. I love bath stuff!! I have never seen this scent and it smells heavenly. It is called grapeseed and aloe. There is a bar of soap,bubble bath, body butter and those luffa ball things. I am not sure what they are called but I am so glad you sent one cause my old one just went in the trash the other day. Deb also sent me a kitchen set complete with towel,mitt and pot holder. I love the santa and the bunnies. The bunnies look just like my daughter's stuffed bunnie she sleeps with everynight. She got a real kick out of that. And I also got a mousepad calendar. This is great! I have never seen anything like these. It has the prettiest flowers on it for each month. Deb also sent the best seeds. All of which I can use. She sent boston ivy-this will be perfect to climb my new fence, ghost white pumpkins-I was so happy to see these(we are growing a field of pumpkins at my mom's house next season and was looking for some white ones to try),and liriope aka monkey grass that I am going to add to the zoo garden. We put in a new path and this will be perfect for it. Thanks so much for all the goodies Deb. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday~Heather

Shirley-my box has been sitting here ready to go since Thursday. I just wanted to let you know I finally got it on its way this morning. The snow is clearing up. The delv. # is 03061070000104117472. Hope you enjoy everything I sent.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!~Heather

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sue,I was so happy you liked what I sent.You made my season!! Been so busy lately I haven't had to much online time.I love the crazy mad rush this time of year.No snow for us yet.I just want a nice dusting on Christmas Eve and I will be content.Just a dusting tho...not a blizzard! Thats happened before so I better clarify my wish : 0
    Have a Blessed Christmas Everyone!
    Nancy

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I finally got Ann's box off to her today. Conf #0306 2400 0000 7005 4300. Hope it gets there ok with the Christmas rush and all!

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful box from sguanzon today. Each thing was wraped in red or green foil paper. This is what all she sent me. A cute christmas bucket with a bag of apple cinnamon potpourri,2 picture frames one is wooden and the shape of a house with hearts cut out a heart on the front,3 choclate santa candys,2 blown glass christmas ornaments, a pr of garden gloves,a journal book which is real nice, a pair of cermic salt and pepper shakers with fruit on them I put them on my corner shelves on my kitchen cupbords, she had sent me a pr earlier in a swap in the shape of watering cans which I have there also., 6 place mats and then 2 more place mats which I have the table runner that they match,cone flower seeds that I have been wanting, white swan, sunrise andsunset, a classic car 2007 calendar for my DH, as he collects those he has a total of about 20, he kept saying open up that box there might be some thing in there me. a real pretty cermic watering can and a red arymillis bulb, which I, getting ready to pot. I love them.Thank you very much It was so thoughtful of you and I love it all. Ann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Oh, good Ann! I'm so glad you were pleased......

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's a picture of Laura's handmade beaded tree that took 6 hours to make!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I should of used this lighted picture instead.. The tree sparkles!

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I recieved a great package from Heather.She sent me so much stuff.I got the cutest snowman,towel set/oven mitt,A holiday jar w/candy,peppermint tea and a holiday mug,an amaryllis bulb,a magnetic notepad,two cute Christmas ornaments,hot chocolate,a great calender, and some seed that I have been wanting.I hope I didnt forget anything, I really enjoyed it Heather.thank you so much!
    Shirley

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Shirley glad you liked everything. I was beginning to wonder about the package getting lost. I can't believe priority took so long. Sorry about the wait. Have a wonderful Christmas~Heather

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    Did you send Nancy's package out yet? I just went over all the posts and didn't see a receiving post from Nancy (Cedarnest).

Deb

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Deb,
    I mailed Nancys package by priority mail already.I tried to post it and for some reason the site wouldnt let me ,so I emailed Nancy to let her know dc#
    Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    Thanks sooo much for letting me know!

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Shirley,Rosebud_2050 I cannot tell you in words how happy I am with the wonderful box I received today.Sending you a Big Hug : ) I am overwhelmed!! Santa must have thought I was a very good girl this year! LOL I am so bummed.I would really love to snap a pic of all my goodies but I can't because I left my camera at my daughters house last night : ( I will try to describe it all but there is no way words can do it justice.Girls,this box was packed so full I never thought I would reach the bottom.*Happy Dancing* I Absolutely Love the Amaryllis.I have never had one so I am excited to see how it will do for me.Can't wait to see it bloom!! I am in the process of potting it up.I really appreciate the poppy and zinnia seeds.Makes me eager for spring!! What an Adorable Ceramic Snowman.Hes looking very happy on my kitchen counter along with That really cute Penguin Hand Towel and Dapper Penguin Salt & Pepper Shakers.Those are just too cute! The Santa Pitcher is so Wonderful!! He went directly into my curio cabinet for display only!! I have already eaten 2 out of the package of the Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates.Oh my!! They are a Taste Of Heaven! Oh I just feel so special today! You didn't need to send me a Birthday Card and Gift Too!! You are just too much! I Absolutely Love it! She sent a Bath and Body set with the cutest comfiest slippers I have ever seen.Can't wait to take a good long soak tonight.I will smell so great and look so irrestible strutting around in my new slippers hubby won't be able to resist me! LOL Thank You again Shirley for the Wonderful Box!!
    Blessed Holidays To You!! Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This month's swap went by so quickly! I'll be putting up January's sign-ups with in a couple of days. I'm glad everyone enjoyed/received a nice Holiday package! We have such a wonderful group!

I would love some ideas for the up coming months. Think about it, and share some of your best ideas! The only one that's solid so far is "Things I Love"...

January-Wall art/garden art (?)
    February-"Things I Love" Hostess- llbean (Laura)
    March-Garden books/magazines, plant markers, Windchimes/bells (?)
    April-Garden signs & suncatchers (?)
    May - ?
    June - ?
    July -Christmas in July (?)
    August - ?
    September - ?
    October - ?
    November- ?
    December- ?

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago