Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barnfield_gw

Problem with FP DishDrawer

barnfield
16 years ago

Hoping someone can help out with this, or at least has the same problem!

My FP DD unit is about 1 yr old now, and for some time now at the end of every cycle when you open the drawer there is water collecting on the top rim of the drawer (along the front).

Both drawers do this.

It's not just a little moisture, either, it's enough that you have to mop it up with a towel...

It's annoying! And I'm sure if I didn't clean it up after every time, that mold and mildew would grow.

Anyone have the same issue?

Comments (4)

• Fori
    16 years ago

I've never had that problem. If no suggestions here, maybe call FP and see if they have any quick checks. Their customer service people are pretty nice.

Is the unit level? I wonder if the top got tilted forwards ever so slightly so water doesn't run back like it ought.

• cpovey
    16 years ago

I would check the level as well. What kind of a floor is it on? Could the floor have sagged? Could the attachment point inside have moved?

Call their hotline-they have good customer service, and the aussie accent is fun!

• User
    16 years ago

Mine have been in operation almost 3 years and water has always collected along the top rim of the drawer on all sides, in the space where the cover fits during operation. Sometimes it's more than others and I thought it had something to do with how long the drawer was closed after the cycle finished. I lock the cover on the top drawer so it doesn't open at the end of the cycle until I explicitly unlock it before opening the drawers. I don't lock the bottom drawer and there might be less water on the edge there.

I thought this was normal operation. If you find it's not, please post back with the fix.

• dadoes
    16 years ago

I'm assuming the OP is referring to moisture condensation along the inside edge of the door panel, outside the lid sealing area. My DD does that occasionally (meaning I don't notice it very often). Enough moisture to justify wiping, but not so much that it wouldn't dry if left alone. I notice it more often if I open the drawer within a couple hours after the blower has shut off. There is still some moisture inside from puddles in bowl rims, cup bottoms, etc, which will evaporate and may cause some minor condensation depending on environmental conditions.

The blower on my DD runs for 30 mins after the point that the lid opens and cycle has "officially" ended. Per JudeNY's post, the lid-lock feature can be activated which leaves it closed after the cycle ends until the user manually unlocks it (although the blower will still shut off after 30 mins). Keep in mind that the Fast cycle runs the blower for minimal time or not at all, so there will be considerably more moisture left after that cycle.

Barnfield, some DD603 models have a programmable "Enhanced Drying" option that leaves the lid closed and the blower running for four hours. Check your user manual for details on whether your unit has that option, it may help minimize your moisture situation.