Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abelman_gw

Help identifying furniture

abelman
10 years ago

Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me identify anything about this furniture (from my grandmother). The dresser is part of a four-piece set, which also includes a tall dresser, nightstand and desk.

thank you very much

Comments (13)

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Can you post links to the other pieces, too. and a picture of the full dresser.

It's got lo\vely inlay.

• daituom
    10 years ago

Looks French to me. Need more pics of the piece AND the rest of the suite. Please check for any labels/tags also.

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are some more pictures of pieces from the set....

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

desk

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

marking on back of desk

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

marking on back of dresser

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

seat

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

chair

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I posted a few more pictures. I believe there are 6 pieces in the set: high dresser, wide dresser, night table, desk, chair, and wide seat.

I noticed some 2 and 3 digit numbers on the backs of some of the pieces: 67, 156 and 162.

I would appreciate whatever help anyone could provide in identifying this set.

Thank you!

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Very nice French or French influenced pieces - hard to judge the age because that style has been revived several times.

Are the metal pieces bronze, gilt bronze (would be very high class), painted metal, or brass?

Can you show the side of a drawer so we can see construction? that helps date things.

It's a "bronze mounted bedroom suite" with some inlays

Are you wanting to sell? Or just identifying the pieces?

• abelman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your help. At this point, we're just trying to identify them. Unfortunately I can't answer any of the other questions, and I don't have the furniture nearby, but I will take some pictures of the drawers the next time that I'm in the area.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    10 years ago

What you call a desk looks like a dressing table to me. A little chair or stool would be placed at the center for m'lady to sit and do her toilette with all her powders and perfumes.

• Stocky
    10 years ago

French Deco late 1800's early 1900's . Looks to be a mix of Walnut and Burled Carpathian Elm .
    The "desk" is a vanity ,meant to be sat at with makeup and perfumes on top .