Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southernacklover_gw

Viking Convection Microwave - Anyone have it?

southernacklover
12 years ago

I am considering doing a single 30" Viking oven with the Convection Microwave stacked above (in remodel). Am not a big cook (and am taking out a KA Micro/Oven combo that has worked well for our family's needs) so I think this capacity will be enough.

I have read online that some owners of Vikings Microwave Convection model found the microwave cook times longer and because of that wished they'd gone with just a microwave. Evidently for the convection to work the wattage must be 900-1000 ... and not the faster 1100 watt.

Does anyone have this oven? It will mostly get use as a microwave and I want to make sure I don't get something that won't do the job. How critical is that wattage number for satisfactory microwaving?

Comments (2)

• acw6455
    12 years ago

I recently renovated my mothers kitchen for her. She was very excited and had no requests except, that I purchase Viking appliances.
    I originally bought the Custom Convection Microwave Oven - VMOC
    And Had it installed next to the fridge.

She NEVER complains and I mean NEVER, but she did complain about the slow cooking with the microwave. I tested it out, and sure enough it was a deal-breaker.

So, replaced it with the standard micro by Viking.

May I ask why you would want a convection microwave when you 're buying an oven with convection?

• southernacklover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks acw6455 for your response. The reason I am considering the Viking convection microwave is that my current plans call for a cooktop, double oven and microwave. I thought by getting the convection micro I could cut out one oven and still have the versatility to have two ovens when needed. The convection-micro was intreguing ...

I have two busy teenagers so having a good-perfoming microwave will be critical!! Certainly will not take the chance given your mother's experience!