Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swansoncreek

New bath, inspired by pps7 - AO Catarina

KJ W
12 years ago

My inspiration was pps7's lovely remodel pics. Unfortunately, my space was not large enough for the wall panels/wainscotting.

They still have to grout the tile, install the shower glass and paint. I picked a very safe SW north star for the walls ;) All the trim will be white.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Bath

Comments (11)

• yayagal
    12 years ago

The link shows no pictures.

• KJ W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmm. Works for me. Try this link.

Here is a link that might be useful: New bathroom

• KJ W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Original bath was just not functional with its tiny clawfoot tub.

Here is a link that might be useful: Before

• Emily
    12 years ago

That looks gorgeous! You must be so excited with how it turned out! I love the contrast with the espresso vanity!

• blondelle
    12 years ago

None of your links work for me. Please upload 2-3 of your best finished shots to photobucket.com, and use the links they give you in your post here so we can all see your lovely bath.

• KJ W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think it might be because I was on a mobile device when I posted them. It's easier to do this from a real PC. This should work.

Original Bath - Cute but not functional.

New Bath

• pps7
    12 years ago

oooh. Very nice!

The original was cute too.

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Wow, Sparks, I love it! I have plans to use the AO tile in my master bath too!

Everything is gorgeous. Would you share all the details? What kind of tub is that? What grout did you use? Will you be getting a glass shower door?

I see you opted not to do the bench in the shower or a niche in the shower wall. Would you share your thoughts on why you selected not to add those features? I like the way it looks w/out, just wondering.

I think you did a really marvelous job!

• KJ W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I was worried it might end up feeling cramped but it doesn't at all. Plus the fact that we had it done while living 1000 miles away was sometimes difficult. I gave VERY specific instructions to our GC. The only thing they did wrong was the shower bench, its missing! We discussed it several times so I'm not sure how it happened. I didn't make a big deal out of it because I want the project done ASAP.

I also wanted a niche or two but with the plumbing/the studs and the exterior wall, it wouldn't work. Instead he put two small corner shelves.

We are putting a nameless glass surround up.

Grout on floor is gray. Not sure what the wall group will be until its up.

I'll have finished pictures the end of September.

• KJ W
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Forgot the tub, Kohler Archer drop in.

Do a search for pps7's bath. You'll LOVE it.

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Sparks72, thanks! I had the Archer tub picked out myself!

I am very familiar with pps7's bathroom! Yours is just as spectacular, imo. Please post pics when all is completed!