Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Here's some of Luv's decorations

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's some of my decorations--many are the same as last year. You might remember the pedestal punch bowl I had found for $10--I filled it with ornaments and used it on the dining room table. I also removed my normal picture above the fireplace and put up a wreath and the red candles instead of the usual pink globes I use there. Not very fancy, but we are enjoying it. Luvs

Comments (14)

• mommacass
    15 years ago

Very nice, I especially like the wreath on the sideboard w/ the plates on the wall. I have been really loving plates lately!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

You did an amazing job on your tree. It's just beautiful I like how you draped the garland on your mantel, china cabinet and over your sofa..very pretty. I too like your wreath over your sideboard...Everything looks lovely.
    jane

• bourbonlady
    15 years ago

Luvs, very pretty!

You know what, your trees remind me of the tree that Mom & Dad put up when we lived in OKC before they built the house where I grew up. I was only 7 when we moved, but the tree was in the DR and had all those colorful lights (they were the big ones back then). I just remember laying there on the floor and just looking up at this big ole colorful tree. The ornaments that they had, I can still describe in great detail, and it's sad that they had been stored away, moisture took over and they were not salvageable.....

Thanks! Alex

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Someone's been VERY busy decorating! That tree is really lovely, and I'm seriously envious since I just have little trees. Your wreath and plates vignette is very pretty too.

Glad to see all your decorations! Nice job.
    hugs, Karen

• pdg777
    15 years ago

Very nice, Luvs! I can't tell from my monitor, but what is that reflected in the picture you took of the window with the lights on? Is that your outside decorations?

• contrary_grow
    15 years ago

Everything is gorgeous. I really love all your snowmen. I've seen how talented you are and wondered if you painted the snowman plate because I'd love to have one just like it. And when you say "here's SOME" of your decorations, does that mean there's more? I'd love to see everything!!

Mary

• mo13
    15 years ago

Luvs,
    Very beautiful. My fav one is the plates display with the wreath. The bunny with the red ribbon is the perfect touch. And I love the snow-family near your fireplace. Your tree is gorgeous - I like the icicle ornaments. I might have to get some for next year.

Mo

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Luvs, it all looks so pretty, and I am jealous you are all done. I am thinking of not putting up so many trees this year. I started a blog and it is very time consuming...as well as baking and cooking and being gone all day several days a week! I CAN"T DO IT ANYMORE! :)

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs,

Your punch bowl is so pretty. I love how you decorated it. And I just love your snowman window and it looks wonderful all lit up at night. You have such a pretty collection of snowmen. Your fireplace mantle with the wreath hung over it is great. I love that wreath. It is so fluffy. And the little bunnies with the wreath & ribbon necklaces. And your big snowman family. I was doing good clicking and enlarging and then all of a sudden it stopped working. Everything is very pretty.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are all so sweet. Thanks for your nice comments. I do have a few more things that I'll try to get posted from the family room.

I was trying to show the tree all three ways--it came prelit with clear lights and I added the multi colored because that's what little GD, DS, and DH like best. I can have it all white, all multi colored or both at the same time. I love the flexibility. Alex, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom & Dad's ornaments--wouldn't it have been great to still have them?

The nighttime picture of my snowmen in the window does show the outside lights and my lit up train on the front ledge--that's why I closed the blinds for the other pic. LOL

Mary, I did not paint the little snowman plate, it was a TS find last year and I really like it allot. I found another cute plate today, I'll have to get a pic of it too.

Decorations are pretty much done, now I need to put together a couple of tables to share on here.

Kathleen, you started a blog? You go gal, gonna make everyone hungry with pics of all your good food? ;o) Just do what you are comfortable with--not worth driving yourself crazy trying to do too much.

Sandi, Does the wreath look big enough? I love the fullness of that wreath, but wondered if that spot should have a bigger one. I've never taken the picture down from there before.

Bright, can you see the bead ornaments we made on my tree? My DS said "where did you get these Mom, they're neat?" I was so proud when I answered "One of my friends on the forum showed us how to make them." ;o)

Okay, now on to doing a couple of tablescapes to share, I THINK I have what I need for them.

Luvs

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Luvs, I thought I saw some of them. It looks wonderful. And you already answered my first question about the lights.
    You have been very busy and it all is very pretty. I see you have a wreath stand too. Something on my list for next year.

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs, I think the wreath is large enough. It is such a pretty shape that I don't think it needs anything else.

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

I think so too, Luvs..
    And I thought you painted the snowman too!

Now on to tablescapes?, see you've got the spirit..

Yes, it's a food and tablescapes...but not too many posts yet. I don't know how Tam does it, work, decorating, blog and school! Ah, youth I made 6 Irish soda breads, 2 banana nut loaves, and 8 qts of potato leek soup today, and I am beat!

Sponsored
More Discussions