Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
livinwell

Fisher & Paykel fridge - any concerns?

livinwell
16 years ago

I want to buy a counter depth but I have limited options because I don't like SS or ice/water in the door. I'd like white and my height clearance in 68", so I need something on the short side.

Does anyone have experience with FP refrigerator. I can't find much by way of reviews. Any thoughts appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Comments (13)

• suselena
    16 years ago

I got the FP frig about 6 weeks ago --so it may be too soon to truly tell. BUT i love it for storage and the bulit in wine rack!!

the bottom freezer is well designed and easy to use.

It also beeps with every increasing urgencey if you leave the door open -- which is great when you are rushing around.

I have it in SS flat front with out ice/water in door. If you dont like SS becuase of streaking -- the fp ezklean finish is just that -- easy to clean. all it needs is a damp clean cloth.

So I give it a rave for ease of use, storage space and looks. I hope it is as dependable as it is useful and beautiful!

good luck!

• dbaguy
    16 years ago

livinwell - A search on this forum for "paykel fridge" produced 47 results for me. Perhaps you want "review only sites" such as Epinions?

Since F&P is from New Zealand I've looked at an Australian site for reviews; they're pretty hard on F&P. I've had my F&P appliances (fridge, oven and dishdrawers) for six months with light usage and it's so far, so good. (The hood should function in the next week or two.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Product Review (Australia)

• pamelasummers
    16 years ago

I have had my F&P fridge installed for about three months. I have the model with water dispenser in the door and an ice make. I just love it. I had a small space for placement and this just fit perfectly. I love the counterdepth. It really opened up my kitchen.

The fridge itself is well laid out and easy to use. I think it holds quite abit. The freezer is efficient as well.

Hope this helps.
    PJS

• glad
    16 years ago

i posted in the other forum suggesting a search; as dbaguy has pointed out. many people have already taken time to provide this info.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    16 years ago

Actually, in livinwell's defence, that search doesn't bring up a lot of real info from people actually using these refrigerators. I don't get 47 results, I get 7, with not much input from people who've had these fridges for more than a couple of weeks.

I, too, would like to hear from folks who've lived with them for a while.

• dbaguy
    16 years ago

writersblock - perhaps you entered a typo? I retried and got 47 hits here and 11 at the kitchen forum.

I looked at some of the 47 at this forum. I have to agree with you that most are incidental. The two most informative threads for the topic appear to be "Fisher and Paykel Refrigerator" and "Fisher Paykel Frig - opinions before delivery".

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    16 years ago

Hi, dbaguy. If I enter without the quotes, I get all threads that include Paykel *or* refrigerator, which may be 47 (I haven't counted), but that sure includes a huge number of totally irrelevant responses, since most fridge threads here are not about FP. If I put it in quotes to limit to that particular phrase I get 7. I tried using + or && and those also give me the same seven.

• jy_md
    16 years ago

I get 36 responses to 'Fisher and Paykel refrigerator' but a lot of the responses were not relevant (about other F&P appliances or other refrigerators) and other responses were not particularly helpful (said refrigerator sitting in the living room).

I am also interested in the refrigerator - my main question is whether or not the capacity is big enough for a family of four, although our current refrigerator is only a tad larger (18.2 cf). The F&P freezer portion is larger but the refrigerator portion is smaller.

• pamelasummers
    16 years ago

I' all add to my earlier post. My prior refrigerator was a 20cft sxs. I think the F&P holds as much. I am a one household person. But I do cook alot and have a alot of refrigerator needs: the usual dairy, eggs, cold cuts and cheese as well as produce, yogurt, bread etc. The capacity for its stated size (17.6 cft) is large. The shelves are wide although shallow. A 12 pack of soda must be placed horizontally to fit; it will not fit in lengthwise. the F&P lacks some features we Americans deem necessary such as pullout shelsves. You wouldn't really need them due to the depth. There seems to sufficient storage on the door for ketchup, mustard,large bottles, pickles and the like. The door has an egg bin and two covered shelves. I use these for cheese, butter and deli stuff. The fridge does not have a separate deli drawer. It does have a fruit bin and a veggie bin which have sliders to adjust the moisture control.
    IMHO, the refrigerator portion holds more than it would appear to!
    THe freezer does not have a light. It is conveniently divided into 3 sections. So far this storage has been fine for me.
    WHether or not it would fit your family needs depends on how often you shop and what you have to refrigerate. I find it more than adequate.
    I love it's design and its counterdepth. I originally wanted a FD but don't have room for a counter depth FD.
    I am quite pleased with the F&P. I like the water dispenser. This control lets you select the amount of water and the temp of the fridge and the freezer.
    PJS

• Rebecca Woolfe
    7 years ago

@livinwell- did you purchase the F&S refrigerator? Do you still like it? Thank you! Considering the bottom freezer model in white --I see the fridge in stainless has complaints of easily denting and I have an active 6 year old boy and dog who will probably be running into it daily :)

• tropikaldawl
    last year

I absolutely love love my Fisher Paykel fridge and I never thought I would be crazy about a fridge. I find it very ergonomic. Also the exterior water dispenser is not bulky if you do get that and takes up no room on the inside of the door. The ice maker in the freezer is great!
    If you go without the water dispenser it’s just as ergonomic.

• Architectural Notice
    last year

@tropikaldawl, what is the model number of your Fisher Paykel fridge?