Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zshopper_gw

Kentucky Derby pictures

zshopper
14 years ago

Sorry these pictures are so big, it is the only way I can post them. Some are mixed up but I wanted to show you a few I thought you might enjoy. I'll explain later who the people are in the pictures with me. Hope you enjoy them.

Comments (28)

• yborgal
    14 years ago

z, am I looking at pictures of you or of a young Janet Leigh? Where's Tony?

The pink hat framed your face beautifully.

And the yellow dress and black hat were spectacular!!!!

BTW, I like the pictures BIG. I can see the details better.

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Oh how wonderful!!! Thanks for posting them!

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

You look adorable and you found the perfect outfit. You do look like a young Janet Lee only prettier.

....Jane

• golddust
    14 years ago

Yes!! Perfect outfits! You are stunning! (I don't know who Janet Lee is.) Love your dresses and both hats were pure perfection. Great job!

I taped the Derby but when I heard here that Mission Impazable didn't win, I didn't even watch.

• marlene_2007
    14 years ago

You are exquisite!

• ruthy1
    14 years ago

It made the Kentucky Derby more exciting to watch, knowing you were there with Mission Impazable. Thanks for sharing your incredible Kentucky Derby experience with us. You were stunning! Will you be racing in the Preakness Stakes?

• terezosa / terriks
    14 years ago

Love the yellow dress and hat, and I love your hair! I always wished that I could pull off a cut like that, but my hair has too much of a mind of its own.

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

Love the yellow dress with the black hat! From some photos I saw on a newspapers slide show online- you put a lot of celebreties to shame. Your outfit is outstanding. Impeccable taste.
    And yes, we want to know, are you getting your "Preak On"? As the commercials say here in Bawlmer!

• jlc712
    14 years ago

You look amazing! Love both hats and dresses. You could have worn anything and looked great-- I can't believe you worried so much.

I don't usually watch the Derby, but DH loves it. This year I had to watch for Mission Impazable and you!

• deegw
    14 years ago

I meant to post this on the other thread. Your Derby Day outfit was PERFECT! Thanks for all the great pictures.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

You really pulled it off! (I was watching the hat-fretting from the sidelines.) So glad it all worked out. You really look amazing in both outfits/hats. What an experience!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Absolutely marvelous! You look perfect and tell your husband he looks pretty cute too! :) Are those all sons? If so, great looking family. If not, they are still a great looking group. Glad it was fun and I doubt anyone looked prettier than you!

oh, BTW, aren't you glad you decided to forego the tie dye with black hat-how embarrassing it would have been to see someone in the same outfit! LOL.

• yborgal
    14 years ago

golddust, Janet Leigh was married to Tony Curtis and was the mother of Jamie Leigh Curtis. She starred in Psycho.

{{gwi:1509359}}

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

So gorgeous, the outfit and you !! the only thing we can't see are the sandals that went with the white dress and pink hat .

• zshopper
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, couldn't have done it without all your help. The picture above is quite funny. My sons, my nephew and my son in law are in the picture with all of us together. They had the best time ever. My younger son went to the paddock to see Pete with the other owners and was making friends with Rajiv the jockey's son. I only wished I walked that walk with MI, but we just didn't know. It is a very confusing time and everything went so quickly. Mission Impazible has a face-book and you can see what events he is going to have coming up. One of the owners wants him to go into the Preakness not Belmont. Another one wants him to run in Saratoga at the Traverse, which is a very exciting race and one at Mammoth in New Jersey another stakes race. I'll let you know what his upcoming races are. As for Funny Feeling they are getting excited about her race, wish I could scan that picture in the winning circle, so exciting. Oh and the shoes, for the white dress are Anne Klein sandals with heels, multicolored pink and white really cute, they made the outfit. Gee where am I going to wear these outfits again, maybe our new granddaughter's Christening. I am going to miss talking about the Kentucky Derby it is so nice having everyone as friends.

• terezosa / terriks
    14 years ago

Wait, you are old enough to have grandchildren? Now I am really jealous! You look fantastic!

• tinam61
    14 years ago

I thought those must be your sons - you all have the same eyes. Zshopper - you are so photogenic and such a beautiful smile!

Thanks for sharing the pictures - you look great and so glad to hear it was a fun time.

We need to see the sandals!

tina

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

You do indeed look fabulous! You're such an elegant lady! Thanks so much for sharing the pics - looks like it was a wonderful time!

• sweeby
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you shared -- It was so much fun having an e-friend with a horse in the Derby!

• OllieJane
    14 years ago

You are absolutely gorgeous! And, your family!

• zshopper
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Per your request, here is the picture of the shoes I wore for the Oaks. They were comfortable at first but by the end of the day my feet were burning. But who cares they looked so nice.

• teacats
    14 years ago

Simply gorgeous outfits and hats!

You looked divine! :)

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• yborgal
    14 years ago

Super shoes!! Perfect for your hat and dress.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

They are absolutely precious, thanks for taking the time to show them !!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    14 years ago

I really enjoyed seeing your pictures! You look beautiful!

• southern_vesta
    14 years ago

You are very striking Mary and your dresses & hats are picture perfect.
    Thank you for posting the pictures.

• zshopper
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone for all the compliments, it is so nice of everyone to be as interested and it was also fun to share this entire experience with all of you. It was so much fun.

• texanjana
    14 years ago

You are an absolute doll, and I love your hats and outfits!