Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Ever dance for your husband/significant other?

golddust
14 years ago

LOL! I did last night. It was funny and fun. Mama Mia was on TV in the family room. DH and I were in the kitchen, so it was just quietly in the background.

When the songs came on, I danced to them, trying to imitate Meryl Streep, etc. He thought I was hysterical (and sexy). Since he couldn't see the TV, he actually thought I had all the moves down pat. LOLOL! I do love that movie and admit to watching it a few times but I am no dancer. :+)

The thing is, his ex wife was a trained Ballet dancer and I've never had a dance lesson in my life. I asked him if she ever danced for him and he said no. Too bad for her. LOL!

Singing, "I am the dancing queen....... having the time of my life."

I double dare you all to try it and report back. LOL!

Comments (9)

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

(this is sooo embarrasing)...I have danced for my DH. I took ballet and jazz and I'm a good dancer (I've been told by many folks), but it's those darned high heels that do it every time. So we're getting ready to go to a bar mitzvah and I'm dressed (so far) in my fancy schmancy black lace push-up demi bra, black garter belt and thigh highs ('cause I hate pantyhose), and black peau de soie high heels. DH gives me a look and I can tell what he's thinking (wink wink), so I start to dance across the carpeted bedroom floor. Whoops! My heel gets caught and I go flying. DH calmly looks at me and says, "Gee, babe, you've got the look and the moves of Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies." Needless to say it became a very humorous moment.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

...typing. That should be embarrassing. And now I'm really embarrassed!

• golddust
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mrsmarv, LOL! That was a very visual description. I imagined everything. LOL! Well, no dance background here. Glad I didn't fall. :+)

I am infamous for going for a romantic kiss or something and actually hurting DH by accidently poking him in the eye while trying to put my arms around him or some such clutzy move.

(For some reason, I keep calling you Mrsmary. My eyes just make up a leg on your 'v')

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

That was a very cute story Mrs.marv...you go girl!

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

Love it!!

Never have danced for DH...have shaken my bootie for other beaus, just not him. Hmmm...maybe I should? But I know if I tried to do it these days, I'd end up like MrsM...flat on my bootie!

• laxsupermom
    14 years ago

Choreographed and danced a chair dance strip tease for DH for our wedding night. Does that count? He loved it.

I dance around the house all the time, though. I crank the music when I'm cleaning and have fun. I've been known to pirhouette just for the fun of it with no music.

It's been ages since I've had any professional training, but dancing just brings so much joy to my soul, that I've often said that I'm done with life when I can no longer dance and run and enjoy life as I do now.

• love-my-lilhome
    14 years ago

Yes, in our younger days....in a black teddy, heels & fish
    net hose.
    Caught my high heel in the fringe on area rug, fell and sprained my ankle.
    I got more mileage out of the sprain than I would have "the other"! He babied me for daaaaaaaaaaays fetching and pampering.
    He wanted it to heal so I would drag that teddy back out .
    Aaaaaaaaah,thanks golddust for helping jog that sweet memory.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

"Caught my high heel in the fringe on area rug, fell and sprained my ankle."

I told you all it's those darned high heels!

• golddust
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, *I* was wise in my choice of dance. The only heels in Mama Mia were those platform shoes and I bowed out of those dances. Meryl Streep danced in tennies, etc. :+)