Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamd_gw

Deciding Between the Bosch Nexxt 800 and the Miele W4800

lamd
16 years ago

We haven't owned a washer/dryer in 10 years and are having a very hard time deciding on what to buy. After much research we've narrowed it down to these two machines. Can anyone provide any feedback, pros/cons? We were also considering the LG Tromm Steamwasher but it seems to have too many service issues.

We're moving in a couple of weeks and are running out of time!

Comments (5)

• dianeky
    16 years ago

Please see my reply to "Miele W4800 New User Issues".
    To be fair, I have no experience with the Bosch but we don't like our Bosch dishwasher (other than the fact it is extremely quiet). When we buy appliances again, we will go back to North American designed machines.
    DianeKy

• peggross1
    16 years ago

I recently decided between these two myself. The obvious huge factor was the money difference. I decided against the Miele bc it is so new and I expect glitches. I also didn't like the look of the Miele controls. And the salesman couldn't tell me whether the Miele would heat water in every cycle or if it could do a spin only cycle which I like to use. I won't move into my huse until March so I won't be able to comment on performance for awhile, but I'm optimstic.

BTW, I currently have a Bosch DW and I will be buying two Miele DW for my new house. I think Bosch is fine, but have become convinced that Miele DW will be a better longterm investment in the DW dept.

• User
    16 years ago

I have the Bosh 500, not 800, and love the machine. It washes huge loads, everything is clean, use its heater in every cycle, does everything I want it to do.

• plumbly22
    16 years ago

I also have the bosch 500 and will second aliceinwonderland... it does what I need it to do and it does it well. I also did look at the miele... couldn't begin to imagine how I would have sold the cost difference to DH! plus I would have had to hire an electrician for the 220 line... which would have added even more cost... the plus of the miele was the door opens the opposite way, which would have been better in my setup, but as my machines face each other, I can easily 'deal' with the doors opening as they come on the bosch...

fwiw... I know several people with the same washer now (bought due to mine!) and they all love it too. On another perspective, those that I know with the bosch dishwasher... all HATE them...

• looser
    16 years ago

I have the Bosch 500 plus and am very happy with it. It does a great job at cleaning and is easy enough to use even for DH...;-)
    I am confident that Bosch makes good quality appliances and I feel the price is reasonable.

I got my Bosch DW (the bottom-of-the-line Evolution 300) at the same time as my washer (about 8 weeks ago) and I don't understand why people wouldn't like it. It is very quiet, holds plenty of dishes and cleans great. I use Cascade or Electrasol detergent and JetDry. It is true that plastic items don't always come out totally dry, but that was true for the old DW with the heating element as well. I don't miss that stupid heating element at all. I also don't want a DW to have an IMO useless and noisy food grinder.

So far, I am very happy with ALL of my new Bosch appliances (washer, dryer and DW). I, personally, wouldn't spend the extra money on the Miele. They make good appliances in Europe, but the American models don't seem to be all that great.